iTUNES HELP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

When importing various artist/compilation cds to iTunes it seems to put each individual artist from the same album into a seperate folder???

Now obviously i would like all the tracks from the same album together, is there an easy way to achieve this?

Thanks

John Duncan

It won't always, unless Gracenote identifies the artist separately on each track (not always the case with 'Various'). But just sort by album - I have no idea which folders on the hard disk my tracks are in........

You'll notice that you do get a dozen versions of the album in cover flow though.......

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, i've tried that Clare and tried to import Ministry of Sound Chillout Album but the 19 tracks off the 1st Cd have been put in 13 different albums with one or two tracks on each????

A

Anonymous

Its not just the MOS album its any various and it also does the same on band/solo artist albums where it also shows a contributing artist next to the album artist, eg Alicia Keys feat. John Mayer.

I resolved this issue by removing the 'feat.John Mayer' and then the track is moved to the correct album, but obviously this wouldn't be any good for compilation/various artist albums, so does anyone know any solution to the problem?

Once iTunes has listed the said album as 12 or 13 different albums, is there no way i can manually place all the tracks on one of the listed albums together?? I,ve tried dragging and dropping but that seems to be a no go!

Trevordonnelly

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Try highlighting all the tracks, and then right mouse click. Choose the "Get Info" option, and you're given a Multiple Item Information screen. Change the Compilation option to Yes, and click the radio button next to it. This will put all the tracks into one album. Good luck

John Duncan

Trevordonnelly:Try highlighting all the tracks, and then right mouse click. Choose the "Get Info" option, and you're given a Multiple Item Information screen. Change the Compilation option to Yes, and click the radio button next to it. This will put all the tracks into one album. Good luck

Oooo good call - will try that with my Burt Bacharach...........

John Duncan

fatboyslimfast:A way to avoid the multiple-covers-in-cover-flow is to do JD's trick above to the "get info" point, then change the album artist (not artist) to "various artists" or similar...

Yeah, cos cover flow's done by Album + Artist isn't it - does have the disadvantage of you losing the artist for searching, but that may not be a problem for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts