iTunes 9.2 and iPad

scene

This is probably a dumb question, but bear with me I'm a newbie to this iTunes malarkey...

OK, I've got iTunes 9.2 installed on my Windows 7 64bit PC and it's configured to automatically rip CD's to Apple Lossless - which is working fine. But I want to transfer the ripped tracks to my 64GB iPad, in a lower bitrate format to reduce their size. Now iTunes 9 is supposed to allow this on the fly, so that the lower bitrate versions are created as you run a Synch.

How? I think I've found a checkbox in iTunes that mentions "Create Apple TV / iPad version", but don't seem to be able to tick it. What am I doing wrong?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I think the feature you're looking for is actually on the main, summary page of iTunes Sync, under options (You can tick a box called 'Convert higher bit-rate songs to 128kbps').

You'll need to have your iPad/iPhone/iPod attached to see this, however.

Plug it in, then look for it in the left-hand pane of iTunes, under devices. Click on it and you'll get the summary page, plus a host of other Sync options for music, video, apps etc.

scene

Thanks Clare,

ÿYes, that is the option (Sorry wasn't on iTunes when I posted before, so couldn't remember the exact option) and yes, I didn't have the iPad connected before. ÿNow set it - thanksÿ
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts