It started with banana plugs...

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
After months and months of indecision/ deliberation: new or secondhand, all-in-one or separates,make, model etc etc i took the plunge and bought speakers and an amp on ebay, and some banana plugs and speaker cable from Amazon and sat back and waited.

First to arrive a week later were my banana plugs, which represented my first proper hifi purchase, all nice and shiny in their zip-lock bags.

So far so useless by themselves, I continued to wait...

This morning the first of the real goodies arrived... A lovely Marantz PM66SE KI Signature :) all shiny copper backed and smooth fascia. Excellent, and it sounds... Absolutely silent :-(

Roll on the arrival of my speakers and cable...

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Also received my speaker cable today, QED Classic 79 strand.

Hooked up the amp this evening to some cheap Aiwa mini system plastic box speakers to check it, now i know it works, can't wait for my speakers...

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
LOL the worst bit is sitting at work wondering if you're missing a delivery!

Pics will follow once set up. I need to get my flatmate on board for some room alterations now...

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Finally my speakers have arrived! Just picked them up from DHL at lunch and wish i had the afternoon off so i could get them up and running...

It's going to be a long afternoon at work
emotion-6.gif

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I know what you mean, I had my KW DM25 DAC delivered to work @ 10am, I didn't get home until 6pm, 8 hours just looking and thinking about it.

You could build the sound up in your head through antisipation, and then feel disapointed when you finally listen to it!

Chris

A

Anonymous

dave_k:

Finally my speakers have arrived! Just picked them up from DHL at lunch and wish i had the afternoon off so i could get them up and running...

It's going to be a long afternoon at work
emotion-6.gif

phone in sick tommorow ... tell them you have swine flu ... think you get a week off work (paid)
emotion-1.gif

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Last night I got my speakers (a lovely pair of Mission 752's in black ash, not immaculate but pretty close) and wired them up, loaded Eagles 'Hotel California' and sat back and revelled in proper stereo sound for the first time, hearing details not noticed before, instruments in their places instead of just making noise, beautiful coherent sound throughout the frequency range, no booming and dominant bass from a poxy sub, a midrange previusly unheard...

So i'm all round happy, although there is still plenty of scope for improvement. I'm just using my Sony BDP s360 to play CDs or a Tesco value cable to get stuff off my laptop, my interconnect is equally cheap at the minute as well, so next up is a cdp and decent interconnect.

So my set-up is:

Sony BDPS360 - Tesco Value Interconnect (hangs head in shame, makes excuses) - Marantz PM66SE KI Signature - QED Classic - Mission 752

And I love it
emotion-2.gif

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
JamesPianoman:dave_k:

And I love it
emotion-2.gif

Ain't that what it's all about?! LOL keep sitting back and enjoying....

Absolutely right!

TRENDING THREADS