Question Issues with KEF lLS50 wireless 2 and wireless modes

Thomaskuepper

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Hi! I have bought a pair of ls50 w2. When I use them via AirPlay (not sure if I can also trigger the issue with Bluetooth) after some hours of using them, they do not play anything via Bluetooth or AirPlay anymore. I can still connect but I don’t hear anything. I also can not use the tidal integrated app anymore. When trying to play a song in there I get an error:stopping playback. I still can use the coax port and it works fine. I can not solve the issue with pulling the Power cable. When I reset the kefs it works fine again - tomorrow morning I realiced that also if I let it sit there over night, it works fine again...... Do you have any ideas or similar issues? Thanks!

Thomaskuepper

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
The thing is, I use the the lan connection and Network is Fine. So at least the build in tidal should work then. I will call KEF support, thanks for the reply

EricLeRouge

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi - I know this is not the answer to your specific issue, but Airplay and Bluetooth are not as stable as wifi, and of course wired connections. In my experience the Kef software is not stable, so I use Audirvana to drive my speakers, with a wired connection from a laptop to the speakers. The difference in quality between wired and wireless (airplay or bluetooth) is stunning, especially with high resolution files on Qobuz or Tidal.

Reactions: Thomaskuepper

2xcess

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Airplay, but I do see occasional 'oddities' similar to what you describe when I use the Tidal Connect app and Amazon Music HD in Chromecast (casting rather than controlling with the KEF connect app). What I see is that occasionally, after a reasonably long playing session, the KEF connect app will 'hijack' the ownership of playing the music. I.e. I can no longer use Tidal Connect to control the music but I can still do so in the KEF connect app. It doesn't prevent me listening to music and, like you, it usually sorts itself out if I stop listening to music and leave the speakers in standby mode for a while (15 to 30 mins) or turn the power off and on. I'll pay more attention next time it happens and report back exactly what happens, I've kinda ignored it as it doesn't stop me listening to music, just a minor annoyance in my case.

Steve.

Thomaskuepper

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
thanks for your answeres. in my setup i don't really need wireless connections, I just need to find a way to connect my MacBook to the kefs. the aux is used by the turntable so that is not an option and afaik using hdmi with the mac bock for audio is not working. need to do some research....

EricLeRouge

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
thanks for your answeres. in my setup i don't really need wireless connections, I just need to find a way to connect my MacBook to the kefs. the aux is used by the turntable so that is not an option and afaik using hdmi with the mac bock for audio is not working. need to do some research....

I would be interested to hear your solution to this issue. — I can't believe they have removed the USB input on the second version..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts