Isoacoustic speaker stand?

momonone

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I put my hifi speaker on my desk, but my desk are abit short, the speaker are not at my ear level, is the isoacoustic a good choice for me? But I heard they are for monitor speaker *scratch_one-s_head*

*help*Please advise.. Thanks.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
momonone said:
Hi guys, I put my hifi speaker on my desk, but my desk are abit short, the speaker are not at my ear level, is the isoacoustic a good choice for me? But I heard they are for monitor speaker *scratch_one-s_head*

tried them and returned them... just an expensive way to tilt your speakers.. a firm piece of foam.. desk is not perfect place for speakers anyway.. did you think about tall speakers stands so you can place them on both sides of your desk?

ps. ... and just ignor ' for monitors' label

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
momonone said:

Try these: they're designed to tilt monitor speakers downward when used on the bridge of a mixing desk, but work just as well 'back to front' to tilt speakers upwards.

71zh5J2ikqL._SL1500_.jpg

momonone

May 2, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
momonone said:

tried them and returned them... just an expensive way to tilt your speakers.. a firm piece of foam.. desk is not perfect place for speakers anyway.. did you think about tall speakers stands so you can place them on both sides of your desk?

ps. ... and just ignor ' for monitors' label

Yeah desk are not a perfect place, but i have no choice man, room are too small for tall stand.. =(

momonone

May 2, 2014
Visit site
spiny norman said:
momonone said:

Try these: they're designed to tilt monitor speakers downward when used on the bridge of a mixing desk, but work just as well 'back to front' to tilt speakers upwards.

Ok thx man, I will check them out later,,, Cheers..

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Desktop stands, £25 or £30 depending on size.

I used a pair of the smaller ones with my small actives on the desktop, thought they were good.

62685A0D-9BA7-42FC-BECC417A0D42ECBA.JPG

I think the stands in the picture are the larger models, the speakers are Audio Engine D5s for size reference.

gasolin

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
momonone said:
Unfortunately they are too short.. Need something around 7 to 8 inch tall.. Thanks.

The Tilt is quite sharp, the sound is angled up quite a large amount, they were excellent for me as sitting 2-3 ft away, in a normal desk situation, I was right on axis.

If you genuinely want something 7-8 inches tall, then the Isoacoustics L8R are probably your best bet. There are lots of different sizes to suit different speakers, check below for dimensions, then order from your dealer.

http://www.isoacoustics.com/?page_id=26

gasolin

momonone said:
Do u think, there is a big differences(in terms of sound) between a Isoacoustic stand and a normal stand? lets say both are 8 inch tall.. *help*

There is a big difference, when dynaudio ships there BM studio monitors with the stands you can be shure it's because they are good https://www.thomann.de/dk/dynaudio_aktive_nearfield_monitorer.html?oa=pra

Replicant666

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have KEF LS50s on a cupboard which isnt ideal, the Isoacoustics transformed them, cleaned up the bass but also stereo image. I leant them to a friend to try and he bought some as well for his speakers.Also tried the Auralex which were a big improvement but to me the Isoacoustics were worth the extra. Also had a pair for some R300 rears sat on bookcases so that I could angle them down and isolate, worked well although Ive moved the room around to allow tall floor stands

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts