Is this a leg pull or possibly a brilliant idea?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
Let me see £175 for an undressed bit of tree.... I'll have some of that!

As bigfish says It might be a better deal (if still somewhat expensive) if you owned a wood-burner.

I have an Oak tree.....I wonder if I could turn it into Audiophile Logs....and make a fortune. *dirol*

CnoEvil said:
Al ears said:
Let me see £175 for an undressed bit of tree.... I'll have some of that!

As bigfish says It might be a better deal (if still somewhat expensive) if you owned a wood-burner.

I have an Oak tree.....I wonder if I could turn it into Audiophile Logs....and make a fortune. *dirol*

What are you waiting for man? Get that chainsaw fired up now... :)

The small bits left over should then be lathed into 'audiophile oak cones'...... but if you do that I want a percentage as I have them copyrited

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

steve_1979 said:
Should work well but they're not worth that much. You could probably source your own for less than that.

This man is sitting on an absolute fortune.

F2ZE1RJGHHILQVB.LARGE.jpg

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW it is very apparent he is standing by it not sitting on it. :)

However your observation is quite correct bases on my calculations of £175 per log pair he is indeed standing by an absolute fortune, with one proviso ...... that those logs are actually Oak and not that dreadful Pine which is only good for matchsticks.

For what it's worth I think the original sellers of these wonderful speaker stands made an obvious marketing crock-up.

They did not sell a hammer and chisel as optional extras so the purchaser could spend many hours fine tuning his stands to suit his speakers... -

max337

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. They could look lovely in the right surroundings and I'd expect solid wood to improve a sound over your average hollow stand but the way this guy is trying to sell it? It's almost as if it is wood from the tree from Avatar.

Plus, as said, if you get cold...chop chop. :cry:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts