Is there anyone using Cyrus Mono bloc powers?

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
I am planing to upgrade my stereo system. My amplifier choice was Roksan Kandy. But Cyrus new cd player changed this choice. I think to myself if I am buying a cyrus cd player, why not an amplifier. Now I am toying with the idea to buy pre-pro system. In Cyrus web site, they mentioned about upgrading power's by using four seperate mono blocs. By any chance, any of you are using this kind of system.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately, not me, but a full Cyrus set-up powered by four Mono X blocks would be absolutely incredible. I wish I had this kind of budget...

A

Anonymous

Are you talking about the original "Power"?

I think they need a PSXR to be mono'd.

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
I am not quite sure any other components would be necessary to combine mono bloc powers, but I if it is only a matter of money I guess. I am not focusing on the financial side of this matter right now, I am just trying to find a good pairing, and also I do not need to buy all four of the power at the same time. I just wonder how it sounds, how it goes with B&W.

A

Anonymous

I used to have a Cyrus Pre-X with a pair of aPA 7.5 monos. A lot of money for a not-so-good sound. Better than the Cyrus integrated, but spanked by the (cheaper) Rotel set-up I bought afterwards.

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Bin Clankem thank's for the info. I am interesting in roksan, rotel, cyrus. But under this circumstances cyrus is out of target.

A

Anonymous

Many Cyrus owners end up using the Mono-Xs or X or 8 powers (or the older Smartpowers, etc) in mono mode and are extremely happy so I would definitely not dismiss it as an option based on one comment.

One of the great things about Cyrus gear is the ability to upgrade with dedicated power supplies (PSX-R), by using existing amps in mono mode and sending amps to Cyrus for factory upgrades as new models are released.

The Mono-Xs provide bags of power, pace and control and most would forget about bi-amping and simply use a pair.

Here is a link to a WHF review from a few years ago that may be of use. For some reason its not in the review section of this site (probably as the pre-x has been discontinued).

http://www.cyrusaudio.com/prd_downloads/Prexvs_MonoxWHSuptest_1.pdf

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Grimaldi thak's for the info. Cyrus in the target again. Sometimes I think, buying an hifi equipment is not the good part of this hobby(addiction), researching different equipment and auditioning them is the fun I think.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
ALTANPSX:Bin Clankem thank's for the info. I am interesting in roksan, rotel, cyrus. But under this circumstances cyrus is out of target.

You seem to be very easily swayed considering one negative short reply and the the substantial amount of money involved which you would clearly have to have in order to consider such an investment. Surely you'd audition the stuff than just dismiss it in this manner. It kind of makes me wonder just how genuine your posting is though I have to take it at face value.

For what it is worth and as a recent ex-cyrus system owner I agree with a previous posting saying it gets to expensive and un-competitive as you move up the cyrus hirarchy. Before you know it you're into thousands and there's a lot of choice. I have heard many different incarnations of top cyrus stacks and none made me think it would be worth spending that much on it though thats not just solely the case with cyrus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts