Is the time right ? or should I wait ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have read many threads and reviews but I am still unsure whether the time is right to ditch my current tv and upgrade to a lcd/plasma.

I currently have a 7yr old Sony 28" CRT flatscreen (100mhz) which was one of the best tv's at the time. Will I get a better picture on the current lcd/plasma screens (40/42") with Sky standard def ? Unfortunately I have been unable to find a store in my area which has a decent input into the screens on display.

Yes, I will probably subscribe to Sky HD but with limited programmes I am still going to be watching alot of SD programmes.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you really don't want/have to buy this very minute, it could be worth waiting a month or so for the first of the 2008 sets to come to market - even if they're not better than the current generation, there will be some superb deals on the 2007 sets to be had.

And the quality of SD picture you receive on your set will depend on a) getting a great set (we can help you with that!) and b) the quality of source - some digital channels are such low bit-rate offerings they'll look awful on any higher-resolution set (ie any modern flatscreen in the size-range you're talking about).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You could wait forever!

However, judging by several other threads, the only one who can decide whether SD material will be okay is you. Personally, I can live with the slight degradation in quality of my Freeview channels on my Plasma (in the hope that the extra bandwidth will be used to increase the quality of these when we go fully digital, rather than providing more gameshow and shopping channels!). Some can't though and are quite unhappy!

John Duncan

[quote user="professorhat"](in the hope that the extra bandwidth will be used to increase the quality of these when we go fully digital, rather than providing more gameshow and shopping channels!)[/quote]

It won't.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="professorhat"](in the hope that the extra bandwidth will be used to increase the quality of these when we go fully digital, rather than providing more gameshow and shopping channels!)[/quote]

It won't.[/quote]

Yeah, but I can always dream! (or just get Sky HD!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts