Is the PS3 Blue Ray player decent? or should i buy a stand alone player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok i have no blue rays and stack loads of games for my xbox so i guess i am trying to justify buying a blue ray player, so a PS3 would justify it for the extra bits it can do. But is the blue ray player any good or should i just buy a Sony blue ray player and save myself a hundred quid?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It'll depend on how good your screen is. It's a decent player, but a stand alone looks cleaner with less grain. At least that's what happened when I changed mine. Three other guys in store changed to dedicated players from PS3's as well because of the difference.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Do you like driving games? If so, PS3 could be worth the extra for GT5 alone, finally (possibly, hopefully!) due out in November...

PS3 is a good Blu-Ray player, but it's not the best at the price. So if you're not really too bothered about other aspects of the PS3's abilities, go for a standalone player for less money (the S370 for example). If you do quite like the look of the other features though, the PS3 can hold its own.

A

Anonymous

If you will use it for games too, the blu ray player is more then decent, it is actually quite good, maybe not the best, but included you have the hard disk space, ease of updating, and a gaming console, if you are not interested in the gaming/storage thing you might go for the standalone then.

F

FunkyMonkey

I have a PS3 slim and recently got a Sony BDPS470 cos it is 3D ready. The picture is marginally better. However, I miss the fact that the PS3 does so much more. Plus the PS3 too is 3D ready.

I miss the fact that my standalone cannot play my music catalogue that I religiously ripped losslessly to my NAS box, but for teh PS3 it was a cinch.

:-(

If you are a gamer, get a PS3. It will be a good investment.

professorhat: Do you like driving games? If so, PS3 could be worth the extra for GT5 alone, finally (possibly, hopefully!) due out in November...

PS3 is a good Blu-Ray player, but it's not the best at the price. So if you're not really too bothered about other aspects of the PS3's abilities, go for a standalone player for less money (the S370 for example). If you do quite like the look of the other features though, the PS3 can hold its own.

emotion-21.gif

Can't wait for GT5 full version
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

I think i might just get a PS3, i think you are right Big Boss GT5 could be worth it on its own. Plus BR capability, shame the Xbox didnt introduce BR then life would be so much easier ( but more expensive)

TRENDING THREADS