Is the Naim Uniti Atom due an update?

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
I’m looking to buy the uniti atom with the ls50 meta. I believe the atom has been out for a few years already so wondering if there’s likely to be an updated version next year. Anyone have any thoughts?

jjbomber

I’m looking to buy the uniti atom with the ls50 meta. I believe the atom has been out for a few years already so wondering if there’s likely to be an updated version next year. Anyone have any thoughts?
Normally the retailers start doing offers when a newer model is on the horizon. Keep an eye out for that.

There is a dedicated Naim forum, so any rumours there might be more plausible. However, I’ve a hunch Naim mostly do continuous improvement with firmware updates.

The Atom is still winning awards so I can’t see them changing it anything soon.

manicm

There is a dedicated Naim forum, so any rumours there might be more plausible. However, I’ve a hunch Naim mostly do continuous improvement with firmware updates.

The Atom is still winning awards so I can’t see them changing it anything soon.

And still expensive. Naim invested a jumbo load into the current platform, so I don’t expect updated hardware for at least a year or so. And even then technologically they would remain current. And i believe they have some of the most powerful processors around. When Naim launched the range they made a fair deal of the power - even giving some emphasis on USB A playback which is usually an afterthought now.

jjbomber

They did one last year for the Atom.

Naim don't do continuous improvement. The original Unitis don't get any support. They all get a few updates for a couple of years but Naim drop their support pretty ruthlessly these days.

manicm

They did one last year for the Atom.

Naim don't do continuous improvement. The original Unitis don't get any support. They all get a few updates for a couple of years but Naim drop their support pretty ruthlessly these days.

A bit of nonsense. They’ve just added support for Tidal Connect? Their current streaming platform hardware is one of the best in the business.

From what I know they still provide support for the older Uniti range, but because of hardware limitations some features can’t be added via software.

Just remember that streamers are computers, and no matter what brand you buy into obsolescence will set in some time.

For example, it only occurred to me now that Bluesound components don’t do DSD? Not a deal breaker for me, but could be for others as this can’t be added via firmware.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 116933

Head over to the naim forums and see if there are any whisperings, I know some of those guys are actually beta testers but they bound to NDA's and don't tend to let
slip

manicm

What major update will Naim add to the Uniti products? MQA is the only thing that comes to mind. But that may or may not require a hardware change- which is too early.

I don’t know how many times I have to emphasise this - the current Uniti platform is still new and fresh as Naim invested heavily in it. It’s a ground up new platform from the previous Uniti range.

We've not heard anything. Uniti Atom, Uniti Star and Uniti Nova are selling like hotcakes. A great range. In our experience you can purchase the Uniti Atom with confidence (y)

In the meantime I continue to thoroughly enjoy using a Uniti Nova :)

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
We've not heard anything. Uniti Atom, Uniti Star and Uniti Nova are selling like hotcakes. A great range. In our experience you can purchase the Uniti Atom with confidence (y)

In the meantime I continue to thoroughly enjoy using a Uniti Nova :)
Thanks for your responses all. I’m not due to buy until later in the year but my thinking is that if I’m about to spend c£2.5k on an amp I’d be a tad annoyed if it was updated only a few months later.

Hopefully when I do buy there will be some great deals with the LS50 metas

Reactions: MUSICRAFT

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts