Is the Denon DVD-1930 still the best?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am going to upgrade my DVD Player. I have decided on the Denon DVD-1930 due to it being Product of the Year for 2006. I would hate to go out and buy it and then read in a few months that What HiFi? has given the award to another model that may be alot cheaper!

Would the Denon still be regarded as the best choice to buy now?

Thanks,

Conway

A

Anonymous

Some online retailers are quoting WHiFi as giving the 1940 5 stars and improved pic quality over the 1930 in the Oct issue of the mag, i haven't seen it yet.

I'm also looking at this player (the 1940) along with the new Pioneer DV-600, it retails for £150 and for the money looks to have a great spec - would love some views on this machine from someone on here.....

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The Denon 1940 retails for £250 but can be found for less with a bit of web work. It is a far better player than the Pioneer dv600. Pioneer have gone very down-market with their new range of dvd players concentrating on their Blu-Ray player. Spend that little more on the Denon and you wont be dissapointed. I have a Denon DVD 3930 after having a Pioneer dv757Ai and it beats the Pioneer on all counts.

A

Anonymous

I was thinking the same thing. I saw the Pioneer DV-600 and wondered how good it is and is the Denon worth the price. Which is almost double.

I don't know if the Denon 1940 is coming out in Australia. I have only seen the 1930. I just had a look at their Australian site and it still lists the 1930 in it's 2007 catalogue and there is no mention of the 1940.

I think I will hold off on the 1930 until I hear more about the Pioneer.

Conway

A

Anonymous

I think i'll go with the 1940, i just picked up a QED HDMI-SR and may feel a little silly plugging it into a player that can be had for a little over £100...

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
For the price of the Denon it really does have good proformance compared to others in the same price bracket and that is how you must rate a product, and if I were spending around the £200 mark this would be my choice of dvd player. I have a Denon 3930 which is fantastic and I got a right deal on it and I am sure if you do a little surfing you will get a great deal on the 1930.

TRENDING THREADS