is the arcam a80 better than the a75

A

Anonymous

AR5ENAL 4 LIFE said:
i used to have a a75 and im thinking of bidding on a a80 i was just wondering if it will be a upgrade ?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
More of a sideways move I reckon.

I think you'd be better off buying a P75+ or P85 and either bi-amp your speakers (if they can be bi-amped of course), or use your existing A75 as a pre amp, or stretching your budget further and getting an A85.

I made the jump from an A65+ to an A85 and although it was an improvement, it didn't really come alive until I added a P85.

EDIT: Sorry. Just seen the "used to" bit in your OP. Look for an A85 is my advice, even if it means saving for a bit longer.

AR5ENAL 4 LIFE said:
AR5ENAL 4 LIFE said:
i used to have a a75 and im thinking of bidding on a a80 i was just wondering if it will be a upgrade ?

Agree wholeheartedly with BC: The A75 is basically the A65 with 10 extra watts per channel. The A80 is 65 watts, and the only real difference between the two is at higher volume levels: the A80 is slightly better controlled.

You really have two options if you're looking for a decent upgrade: Go for the A85 ( more of an upgrade than the A80), or, as Chris mentioned, use a power amp or both.

A

Anonymous

Don't upgrade, get something better, not Arcam! I was amazed by how dull the Arcam sounded when I switched to a Primare.

A

Anonymous

AR5ENAL 4 LIFE said:
AR5ENAL 4 LIFE said:
I,d thought you would want to keep away from the figure 8 ? ;)

AR5ENAL 4 LIFE said:
i got some old tdl 0.5

and i mostly listen to rock

Hi AR5ENAL 4 LIFE

Thanks for your reply.

I know the A75 and A80 well as i used to deal with these amplifiers. If you want a significant and worthwhile upgrade then i'll highly recommend that you should seriously look at Rotel's superb RA-1062 instead (particularly with the types of music you listen to and the TDL speakrers you're using) :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts