Is Richer Sounds warranty transferable?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

To be specific the 6 year super care warranty.

D

Deleted member 2457

You're better off contacting Richer Sounds themselves when it comes to warranties, I would doubt it unless it's actually stated on the warranty itself.
Thanks Al. The guy who bought my amp wants to re-buy the 6 year super care warranty I had refunded. He is saying RS said yes to it but I should like you said now give them a call to see if it’s really possible. Cheers.

To clarify, all Richer Sounds 6 Year Guarantees (TV & Projector Guarantee, 6 Year Guarantee - Fully Refundable if Unused, 6 Year Guarantee Included) are non-transferable and can only be used by the named recipient on the guarantee document

I've ensured that the terms and conditions on our website now accurately reflect that, of course if you or any other forums user have any further questions feel free to drop me a PM.

Many thanks

Stephen Hallsworth
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick

So how that works for Gel is if the buyer of his amp had a fault with it, he’d have to return it to Gel for Gel to claim under the warranty. Then Gel could return the amp to the buyer once repaired.
This could be workable if Gel’s buyer lives local to him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457

Oh, didn’t know you could get a warranty cancelled and refunded unless you’d gone the full 6 years without making a claim!
That makes it more complicated then, Gel’s buyer is trying to buy a new warranty for an item originally purchased by Gel, I’d be amazed if they allowed that.
The buyer reckons they will. I will phone them in a bit.

D

Deleted member 2457

So the guy who bought is still insisting RS Manchester said it was transferable, so I have given them another call and spoke to the manager who apparently said that I can buy the warranty again and act upon his behalf so I agree to pay and then it wouldn’t go through the system again so can’t do that. They did say he can take out an extended warranty with Domestic and General though a third party company and then he would be covered so that’s what I have suggested to him. :)

Paul.

I would not want to take out a warranty on behalf of someone else if I was you, if for any reason RS reject a warranty claim that you submit in the future things between you and your buyer will get messy real fast. If buyer thinks they have a case and RS don’t, you are the one stuck doing the leg work. If they aren’t a friend of yours asking you to do it is taking the p***

The store manager is likely targeted on warranty sales so of course they are gonna take your cash if they can.

D

Deleted member 2457

I would not want to take out a warranty on behalf of someone else if I was you, if for any reason RS reject a warranty claim that you submit in the future things between you and your buyer will get messy real fast. If buyer thinks they have a case and RS don’t, you are the one stuck doing the leg work. If they aren’t a friend of yours asking you to do it is taking the p***

The store manager is likely targeted on warranty sales so of course they are gonna take your cash if they can.
Thanks Paul. Yes, I am well out of it now as far as I am concerned it’s matter closed. 6 years is also a longtime. Cheers for the advice. (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts