BS3Rob

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
I ask as I see some of their flagship products are still making their way into What HIFI recommendations and group tests as recently as the past couple of weeks.

Consistently fantastic performance for in ears (in my opinion best on the market) but might be bit more careful to check company health before recommending.
  • In June the company changed its ltd name away from RHA to "Origin North" and deleted all its social media accounts
  • Most of their products are no longer for sale and remaining stock (and apparently even spares) have been wound down
  • I had a warranty issue and they asked me to return - sent first class signed for, signed for by them, never heard of again
  • No longer responding to support (even open tickets) and my proof of delivery was signed for with an offensive term (!)
Much as I love them I have a hard time believing this is a trading business so would be good if What HIFI could gain a clear picture prior to recommending again.

I don't believe it is in WHF 's remit to investigate a companies credibility and they probably don't have the expertise to do so, all they do is review items sent to them for review.
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Reactions: camcroft

camcroft

Their earphones were of an excellent quality. I never had any trouble with any of them but I suppose I was lucky as I read a lot of stories of people who had. Their RHA MA 750's are fantastic and I still use them occasionally .

Reactions: DCarmi

DCarmi

Their earphones were of an excellent quality. I never had any trouble with any of them but I suppose I was lucky as I read a lot of stories of people who had. Their RHA MA 750's are fantastic and I still use them occasionally .

Agreed. I have some MA750 which I bought 4 years ago and they are good. I used them daily on my commute pre-pandemic.

The MA350's cable tended to shred or the connection to an earphone break.

For listening in bed I now use some Beyerdynamic Byrds. They are not as comfortable as the 350s were but much more durable. The key point is both have flat backs to the earphones which means I don't perforate my eardrums in the night! Being a mostly reformed insomniac I find listening to audiobooks soporific, so not being "hifi" is fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts