Is Q Acoustics 3010/3020 better than Dynaudio emit m10?

gasolin

I have to ask you and please forget about the price difference (look at the link down below more expensive doesnt always mean it's better)

I can get a pair of 3010/3020 with a 20% discount and free delivery,shipping (also a good deal like the 2010i i got for half price)

I already got the 2010i for half price and for the money extreme good value, mabye the best value for money under 230£,270€ for a pair, (same price as a pair of dali zensor 1, atleast where i live, Denmark)

I bought the q acoustics 2010i, as an upgrade from surround sound to stereo with a stereo reciver (because they are extreme good value and they sound for the money way above there pricetag)

So glad i bought them that i want to know how the 3010 or 3020 sounds against my dynaudio emit m10

I don't have any friends that i know has a pair of q acoustics 3010/3020 and no store close to me has a pair i can borrow for a few days to test against the dynaudio's, with the system i have and the music i like

Price doesn't always mean it's better (atleast to some people) http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/i-prefer-dali-zensor-1-to-dynaudio-emit-m10

gasolin said:
I have to ask you and please forget about the price difference (look at the link down below more expensive doesnt always mean it's better)

I can get a pair of 3010/3020 with a 20% discount and free delivery,shipping (also a good deal like the 2010i i got for half price)

I already got the 2010i for half price and for the money extreme good value, mabye the best value for money under 230£,270€ for a pair, (same price as a pair of dali zensor 1, atleast where i live, Denmark)

I bought the q acoustics 2010i, as an upgrade from surround sound to stereo with a stereo reciver (because they are extreme good value and they sound for the money way above there pricetag)

So glad i bought them that i want to know how the 3010 or 3020 sounds against my dynaudio emit m10

I don't have any friends that i know has a pair of q acoustics 3010/3020 and no store close to me has a pair i can borrow for a few days to test against the dynaudio's, with the system i have and the music i like

Price doesn't always mean it's better (atleast to some people) http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/i-prefer-dali-zensor-1-to-dynaudio-emit-m10

As always nobody can answer your question because they don't have your system, your listening room or your ears. You are going to have to go audition.

I think if people stopped asking the unanswerable this forum might grind to a halt. ;-)

gasolin

Al ears said:
gasolin said:

As always nobody can answer your question because they don't have your system, your listening room or your ears. You are going to have to go audition.

I think if people stopped asking the unanswerable this forum might grind to a halt. ;-)

The difference there is should be more or less the same when someone has q acoustics 3000 and compare them to dynaudio emit m10 or the opposite, as it would be when i compare them, i mean when someone compare 2 different speakers it's in the same room, place,system,music and that won't change only the speakers

Had i known that q acoustics are that good, i would have bought the 2020i or 3020 and saved me some money, the only negative i have is with my speaker cable.

Supra ply 3.4 is a neutral sounding cable but lacks the more open sound of audioquest flx slip 14/4 that i use, where the top could sometimes be just a bit less sibelant or just a bit less lively (not al the time) something between supra and audioquest, mabye the sound from the speaker would change a bit over the next 2 weeks.

itsme

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:

I dont think you can put it that way.

When i auditioned Dali Zensor 1 + Marantz MCR-511 or the Dali Opticon 1 + Marantz MCR-511 i prefered the Zensors.

BUT

When the dealer changed te MCR511 to an NAD 356BEE the Opticon 1 were better!!!

gasolin

Im just trying to deside if i should try the q acoustics and if it's gonna be the 3010 or 3020

3010 i might need smaller stands according to isoacoustics, less bass, small size, right now they are cheapest, new smaller stands i can buy later and makes it slightly more expensive than the 3020

3020 i don't need new stands, better sensitivity,all in all cheaper (no need to buy stands),slightly better bass,

bigger size, and i have to pay more for the speakers

I must admit i have not problems with the bass that the 2010i has, to me it sounds naturally without a bommy midbass that makes many people think it has alot of bass

Is it just that easy go for the 3020 because of slightly higher sensitivity and deeper bass (4hz)?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps you want to hear that the Dynaudio is the better speaker. Kinda would make you feel better ... ;-)

Perhaps it IS the better speaker, taken as individual parts but if your ears tell you that there is something amiss ... that's of little use.

I have no idea how either one is sounding, especially in the context of your system and your preferences but I do know that the QAcoustic 3010/20 have been used at several shows to very good effect, on occasions with amplification/source exceeding its price tenfold or more.

You could buy a pair. They are after all not expensive and sell the ones you like less.

gasolin

itsme said:
gasolin said:

I dont think you can put it that way.

When i auditioned Dali Zensor 1 + Marantz MCR-511 or the Dali Opticon 1 + Marantz MCR-511 i prefered the Zensors.

BUT

When the dealer changed te MCR511 to an NAD 356BEE the Opticon 1 were better!!!

Sounds strange, did the opticon revealed the cons,flaws of the mcr511 amp?

gasolin

drummerman said:
Perhaps you want to hear that the Dynaudio is the better speaker. Kinda would make you feel better ... ;-)

Perhaps it IS the better speaker, taken as individual parts but if your ears tell you that there is something amiss ... that's of little use.

I have no idea how either one is sounding, especially in the context of your system and your preferences but I do know that the QAcoustic 3010/20 have been used at several shows to very good effect, on occasions with amplification/source exceeding its price tenfold or more.

You could buy a pair. They are after all not expensive and sell the ones you like less.

Im impressed with the 2010i (no secret about that), my dynaudios sound good,more full bodied less open sound then the 2010i, the audioquest speaker cable is sometimes a bit to much in the highs with the 2020i, with my marantz amp and wireworld speaker cable they sound smoother in the highs, nad amp 2020i and supra speaker cable the sound is not clear,open enough but easier on the ears in the highs

However, when i play a good recorded cd with the nad and 2010i's (no loudness war with all sounds loud an the general sound very loud) i get a big open,clear sound (the top sounds fine) and at medium to high levels the bass sound much bigger then i would expect from a 4" 100mm midrange/bass unit, i ones had the boston a23 with a 3.5 " midragne/bass unit in a much smaller cabinet (i had 4x24" monitors), it didn't have as much power,bass and big sound as the 2010i (the size of the a23 is perfect for rear speakers in a surround setup)

I therefor wonder how much better the 3010/3020 sounds, the 3000 series is about 50% more expensive than the 2000, like the concept 20 cost about twice as much as the 2020i and you know they sound better (concept 20 bettter than 2020i, 3010/3020 better than the 2010i/2020i) i just wonder how much better they are

I feel q acoustics makes the best budget speaker ever,no one makes budget speaker with a so good price,performance ratio as q acoustics

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you just need to change your cables ;)

only way to know whether you prefer them is to hear them for yourself.

gasolin

ID. said:
Maybe you just need to change your cables ;)

only way to know whether you prefer them is to hear them for yourself.

I am looking for someting that has a better top than the flx-slip 14/4 sometimes it's just to much and supra a bit to soft and less open sounding.

Later today i migt try my wireworld luna 7 with my nad c 717 and Q Acoustics 2010i

Must admit i have always had a bit dislike about the top not being the softest,smoothest on the flx slip 14/4

The midrange with my old amp nad c326bee and the dynaudios, when use wirewold luna 7, became to soft, not enough agressive, that's why i now have a marantz amp that sounds better, beside of the top not always being smooth with audioquest the 2010i has a more open sound than my dynaudios, that sounds good

itsme

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I cannot put it that way, with the lesser system (mcr511) there was no way that the opticon justify to spend almost double the costs.

But with the 356bee them opticon sounded 'fuller' with more impact (high, mid and bass)

My experience: match components in the same price bracket

gasolin

drummerman said:
How long have you had the Dynaudio's?

3 month and yes they are burned in

Im not saying i already have to have new speakers, i just feel you get alot more for your money with q acoustics than dynaudio, with the positive experience with my 2010i im curious, wondering how much better the 3000 series are compared to the 2000 series and how they sound compared to my emit m10's

Is there something wrong with the sound i get from my emit m10's, not really, okay the 2010i's are more open sounding but don't a have top as smooth,soft as the emit m10's, i know it's my speaker cable since the top is not perfect with audioqest (but open,clear sounding midrange), supra speaker cable the top is better but lacks alot of the open sound from the audioquest cable.

I must admit comparing the 2010i and emit m10 i feel i miss a bit of the open/clear midrange im hearing from the 2010i's, when i as mentioned earlier had a nad c326bee and emit m10's with as fare as i remember audioquest flx slip 14/4, i felt my system deserved better speaker cable, went to whathifi, best speaker cable (mabye not the worlds best but stil above avarage) chord clearway......... was the best, futureshop uk couldn't delivere it to me in denmark, so after review from whathifi and comment on futureshop about wireworld luna 7, i wanted wirewold luna 7, i could get a pair delivered to me from futureshop (cheaper than buying it from denmark) and bought a pair with wireworld original banana plugs.

First thing i noticed using wireworld luna 7 was around frequencys where human ears was most sensitive (higher midrange,lower treble mabye 2000hz to let's say 6000hz) the sound was noticeable more soft sounding than with the flx slip 14/4, surprised since whathifi wrote in the review Against At this price, nothing worth of note.

I quickly thought of the pm6005 i one had, with most budget speakers it sounded a little livly,bright, fast decision, bought the PM5005 (match my CD5005 which im very happy with) just to see if im right and marantz would sound better than my nad, it did, as the PM5005 was the budget amp from marantz i just wanted to get something better for my speakers (i thought they deserve it) a more powerfull amp (watt),more control of the speakers, better sound,better bass, better quality so i finally have a decent amp, went from low to midrange budget amps, to a amp just below high end models, so upgrading from that would be to expensive and also would need better speakers to justify getting a better sounding amp.

Going from surround sound to stereo was a great desition, nad c 717 audioquest flx slip 14/4 and q acoustics 2010i very open,clear midrange, i actually do feel im missing something from my dynaudios, since the q acoustics have such an open,clear sounding midrange, i felt i wanted to hear how the 3010 or 3020 sounds and if they are better than my dynaudios, also wondering if my wireworld luna 7 has something about the midrange, since the first thing i noticed using the new speaker cable with my nad c326bee amp, was a noticeable softness in the midrange

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Can't see where the problem is.

I believe RS do the 3010/20's. They have a return policy.

Unless you live miles from the nearest RS just pop in, put your cash down and out you walk.

Compare and return if its no good.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
Im just trying to deside if i should try the q acoustics and if it's gonna be the 3010 or 3020

3010 i might need smaller stands according to isoacoustics, less bass, small size, right now they are cheapest, new smaller stands i can buy later and makes it slightly more expensive than the 3020

3020 i don't need new stands, better sensitivity,all in all cheaper (no need to buy stands),slightly better bass,

I must admit i have not problems with the bass that the 2010i has, to me it sounds naturally without a bommy midbass that makes many people think it has alot of bass

Is it just that easy go for the 3020 because of slightly higher sensitivity and deeper bass (4hz)?

If you don't need to have tiny speakers to keep your wife/missus happy then got for the 3020.

gasolin

drummerman said:
Can't see where the problem is.

I believe RS do the 3010/20's. They have a return policy.

Unless you live miles from the nearest RS just pop in, put your cash down and out you walk.

Compare and return if its no good.

I do live awfull away from nearest RS (Richer Sound)

gasolin

steve_1979 said:
gasolin said:

If you don't need to have tiny speakers to keep your wife/missus happy then got for the 3020.

No wife/missus

TRENDING THREADS