is pioneer bdp-51fd worth replacing over my sony bdp-s350 blu-ray player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
looking at replacing my current sony bluray player s350 model with the pioneer 51-fd is it alot better that i would notice the difference in sound and picture quality. i have a panasonic th-pz80b model and onkyo tx-sr605 amplifier.oh my panasonic is 50" plasma.

A

Anonymous

It ¡s better but only you can decide if it's worth the extra outlay. I found that bass improved quite a bit when listening to the BDP51-FD compared to the BDP-S350, and image quality was slightly better.

My suggestion: get a home demo if possible and see whether you fancy spending the difference for the improvement in quality.

A

Anonymous

jan thanks for the feedback i think ill do just that and get a demo first.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
You haven't said what your speaker set-up is, Clown. ÿIn terms of balance, the Sony goes well with the Onk, but some might feel that before you upgrade your (excellent) blu-ray player, you think about moving the amp+speaker performance on to the next level - if you've got some spare cash burning a hole in your pocket!

A

Anonymous

hi,sorreltiger, i have a 5.1 eltax evolution system. main front speakers left and right have each amplified subwoofers in each one.probably the only thing that i havnt upgraded. but i think they are up to the job,but any advice would be appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As you've (presumably quite recently) bought the 350, I'd hold fire for a while. The trend in BD players is quality up, price down, so waiting 6 or even 12 months would probably be a smart move.

A

Anonymous

hi,andrew i think your right i will hold fire for now and see what happens in 6 months.rather than jump in and wish i shouldnt.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
At last count I've seen 18 new Blu-ray players here at CES - and that's not taking into account other players (eg Cambridge Audio, Sony) we already knew were on their way!

A

Anonymous

yes clare i know it is tempting but i am keeping my wallet in my safe for the next 6 months to resist impulse buying.as andrew said time is the factor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts