Is Pioneer also giving up on the plasma ?

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I heard today about rumours Pioneer will stop soon production on plasma screens and will introduce soon LCD screens. Does anybody know more about this?

A

Anonymous

Looks like Panasonic will now be making the best Plasma TVs

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTFA00301620080304?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
If the gossip is correct Pioneer plan to stop making Plasma screens under 50"" opting for LCD screens on screens upto 50"", so they can supply the masses with a cheaper mass market product and keep its high-end Plasma range for the higher-end market.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="goldeneye"]Looks like Panasonic will now be making the best Plasma TVs

[/quote]
this reminds me very much of the HD DVD.
And I reckon it' ll last not very long until Panasonic and Samsung will also give up on the plasma if this news is true.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Neither Pioneer nor Panasonic are giving up on plasma anytime soon - according to recent presentations we've seen, both are well into building new plasma-production facilities.

For example. Panasonic has got a new plasma TV plant coming on line in 2009, which wil produce its next generation of bigger, slimmer plasma sets.

What Pioneer aren't about to start doing is building LCDs - which is why they've got the tie-up with Sharp.

A

Anonymous

Who's to say Pioneer could not sell both types of tv; giving people the option of new, mid-priced (but high-quality) LCDs, aswell as the usual premium quality Kuro plasmas? Also, having seen what Pioneer have managed technologically with plasma, isn't anyone else interested in what Pioneer could achieve if it put it's hands to work on building quality LCD displays. They could build two different 42" models; one plasma and one LCD, both 1080p. Both 50" and 60" panels would be exclusively plasma, and Pioneer could extend their market by buiding 32" and 37" premium LCDs (premium but still more inexpensive that Pioneer's existing plasma range).

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Benjamin

You don't work for Pioneer by any chance, do you?!
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts