Is now the time to buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've done a lot of research mostly here and in the magazine and have decided on the Yamaha 863 and the Kef 2005.3. I've been looking for the best price and see that there are some great deals at the moment. I'm just wondering if now is the best time to buy or are goods likely to come down again after Christmas.

My other issue is that I live in Ireland and the that narrows the choice. The Irish shops don't want to deal with one offering them for the equivelant of £1600. Thankfully Sevenoaks has opened here and at least they were willing to do business. I made a call to a place in Northern Ireland and they were offering them including "decent" cables for £1300. I was looking on line today and following up on the offers page found that with the 10% discount at Exceptional Audio Video I can get them delivered to Dublin for £1,167.

Does anyone know of any better offers for the 2 products or would I be better driving a 4 hour roundtrip to get the package including cables for £1,300 or should I get them delivered for £1,167. Thanks for the help.

A

Anonymous

I think £1167 is a decent price, say around £685 for the speakers and £480 for the amp. The £ is pretty cheap to you too, so you have already saved some money on a few months ago. Driving up to the north will spend a few more £ in fuel, not to mention the time wasted, so I would be tempted to go for the mail order option.ÿ

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
That looks like a good deal, i'd go for the delivery option-dont want to be driving up the North this side of Christmas
emotion-12.gif
, ya might get em before christmas with the mail order
emotion-1.gif

I live in Dublin and thats great news Sevenoaks opening here................................

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Sevenoaks are offering buy any reciever at RRP (yes I know this shouldn't apply to hi fi ?!?), and get 33% off speakerpackage of your choice

So Yamaha £599 ish beforeVAT reduction

KEF £699 before VAT reduction

Totalshould be 599+468.33 = £1067

Think that right, so they arecharging £233 for cables, how many metres / connections do you need??

A

Anonymous

Tread carefully with 7Oaks and their deals.

I've had no problems with the Sheffield branch, however I've read about them (another branch) offering the Onkyo 606 and Kef 2005.3's for £867 based on the deal mentioned above, when their offers page actually had them listed for £799.

As I say, no problems here, as I got them to swap the Onk for the Yammy 763 and keep the price at £799 - couldn't get anywhere else to match that deal.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys followed it up further this morning. The Sevenoaks deals are for their UK stores only. They have different deals for their Irish store. They are doing the Kef 2005.3 for ?795 normally ?995 and the Yamaha 863 when they get it in will be ?799.

Even with a UK vat rate of 15% and an Irish one of 21.5% that is some difference between the UK prices and the Irish ones. The £ equivelent will be about £710 for each of the items so that will make a total of over £1,400 for the package here. Guess where I'll be buying?? £1,400 or £1,167!!!

Thanks for all the help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts