admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Pioneer VSX 819

Warfedale 9.1 for fronts

Warfedale 9cc

MS alumni in black for rear.

PS3 as blu-ray / dvd / cd player.

I got given a old Gale 5 sub, sounds great for the age and looks of it, but its out of site, so not worried about looks.

I was just wondering, just out of curiosity, to see what the pro's think, as my first system, My ears say its ok, but I have not had any B&W speakers or other high grade ones to hear the difference.

Thanks

kPfRLewAJVEQ0AAAAASUVORK5CYII%3D

A

Anonymous

If your ears are happy then my advice would be 'stuff the pro's'

If you eventually decide to upgrade then try and loan some stuff and try against your own system.

Again if your ears say it is better, then, if you can afford, buy it.

All the best.

A

Anonymous

soulton:
If your ears are happy then my advice would be 'stuff the pro's'

If you eventually decide to upgrade then try and loan some stuff and try against your own system.

Again if your ears say it is better, then, if you can afford, buy it.

All the best.

Good advice.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
As above. The only thing I will say is that as the rears dont match the fronts then your never probably going to find a happy 'balance' between them. You should really keep the same design all through the speakers (Save the sub)

A

Anonymous

ditto on the rears, especially since the wharfdale 9's are going for just under 40 quid at richer sounds. Only problem would be the extra dosh you gotta spend on the cabling which if its anything like mine is 9 metres each!

A

Anonymous

I would have got the wharfedale for the rear, but they were too big, would have needed stands.

Love the looks of the alumni's thought.

The sub has to go, almost blew it yesterday watching star trek, its ok for tv and stuff, but could not handle star trek in blu-ray

So on the look out

A

Anonymous

Fair enough, i know mounting speakers and making them look flush and neat can be tricky especially with limited room and teh alumni's are about as dinky as you can get with good sound. You could (for the subwoofer side of things) pick up a paradigm sub, they are usually on a certain well-known flea bay cheap and are awesome for the cash they go for although none at the mo.

A

Anonymous

They start at like 300.00, too much for me, 100.00 at the most.

Will keep an eye out for sales

A

Anonymous

That is what they go for! and sometimes a bit less. Can't remember the model number, something like paradigm pdr10 i think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts