Is my pioneer screen HD ready?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a 3 year old Pioneer PDP-43HDE. I would like to know if it is HD ready before I splash out on Sky HD and a Blu-Ray player. I would also like opinions on the best 37inch screen available. It seems to be either Panasonic's new LCD or, conversely, Panasonic's discontinued plasma.

A

Anonymous

Yes I think it is hd ready but I may be wrong as I am not sure so it could be. Hope this helps.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We'll leave Crocguy in his world of uncertainty/trolling and link you to this - a 2005 statement from Pioneer about which of its sets at the time were HD Ready. If you've left a '4' from your model number and have a 434, you're OK.

A

Anonymous

I did indeed leave a 4 out of the model number. Thanks for the Pioneer link, pretty unequivocal I'd say. I now need advice on a Blu-Ray player to use with it, plus a 37 inch screen for the kids.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
[quote user="Dentist"]I would also like opinions on the best 37inch screen available. It seems to be either Panasonic's new LCD or, conversely, Panasonic's discontinued plasma.[/quote]

True. The Panasonic TH-37PX70 plasma was marginally better than the LCD in our view, but is now discontinued. However, a new 37in plasma is on the way, as you can read here. Might well be worth waiting for that one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts