Is Mordaunt Short my only choice?

leenorm1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,I have a Teufel 6200 THX select subwoofer which at first I was really happy with , I even had to watch all my old Blurays again. The bass is so deep and really really loud (116DB via SPL meter) Now i am noticing that at lower volumes the bass is inconsistent and muddy. I am thinking of replacing it with 2x Aviano 7s any ideas?

leenorm1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought the THX sub when i had an onkyo 807 thinking that matching a thx sub with a thx amp would be good. Now i want better integration though i am worried that the aviano 7 is ported i would prefer a sealed unit for more punch but i still want deep notes too!

leenorm1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I am worried about buying a sub from another manufacturer as i want good integration however I do like the look of the RSW12 x 2! I know there is no perfect answer but guidance would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

leenorm1: RSW12 x 2! .

Do you live in a detached house or have a deaf neighbour?

Whats the size of your room, to have 2 RSW12's ?

leenorm1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
A detached house. I dont want two subs for more bass i want them for cleaner bass as with only one sub i get quite a few dead spots, and non thx subs dont tend to be able to put out 105db of sound they normally max out around the 95db mark so with 2 i should get around 100db which i can settle with. That is the best thing about the THX sub,it loves being abused even when you try to go too far it limits itself and keeps going regardless of the house falling down around it. The only problem is that when played at lower volumes ie less than -20 on the amp it just does not integrate making my system sound poor. Would the MA RSW12 integrate well or is Mordaunt short my only option.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
canada16:

Canada16,

Weren't you considering this as well, not too long ago?
emotion-5.gif

Ronald

leenorm1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
My room is approx 4m x 7m and at first i thought bass was the main element of home cinema when i started with my onkyo 606 mordaunt short avants and a mezzo 9 sub. Now i realise that well integrated sound is the main element. I am now delighted with my amp and speakers but the sub is a bit of a one trick pony LOUD AND PROUD. The RSW12 is a sealed box so should give a good sound on music and a 12 inch driver with big amplification sounds perfect.Does anybody have an RSW12 they can comment on?

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:canada16:

Canada16,

Weren't you considering this as well, not too long ago?
emotion-5.gif

Ronald

emotion-2.gif

Very true, but was going to buy a lesser subwoofer, was going to go with the RSW12 that I have now, and a little BK gemini on the other side of the room just to even it out, as the OP said, but was told 2 different subs wont match, so decided against it, as there was no way I could have 2 RSW12's the way the 1st one pounds.

TRENDING THREADS