Is it worth upgrading Sony BDP-S390

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Probably not. I upgraded 370 to 570. Features yes but quality nah. SQ maybe with higher quality bdp? I'll come clean ..... You had no replies. I felt sory for you. I had to share. But. I dunno! :wall:

A

Anonymous

RobinKidderminster said:
Probably not. I upgraded 370 to 570. Features yes but quality nah. SQ maybe with higher quality bdp? I'll come clean ..... You had no replies. I felt sory for you. I had to share. But. I dunno! :wall:

LOL thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I upgraded from a 370 to 390 because it was smaller, prettier and quieter. They are so cheap you may as well while there are still some around. (The S390 was replaced recently by a newer model that looks ghastly!)

Juzzie Wuzzie

Interestingly, have noticed a "whine" now on my 370 when it is spinning BR discs, so the temptation to upgrade to the Oppo 103 (as I want the pre-amp / DAC ability) has gotten somewhat greater. If I was sticking to Sony, would expect to go 370-790 as opposed 370-390 given the (relative) low price difference between them all. As I asked on another thread - is £80 a lot of money to you?

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the replies.

After reading another thread and looking on net think I might upgrade(?) to panasonic dmr-pwt520eb 1tb.

This gives me more functionality and not a bad price.

Anythoughts?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi, i upgraded my S370 to an S790. Some differences nothing major.

Was it worth upgrading?

Probably not!

Wanted 3d but other than that no major changes..

Im assuming this is because Blu Ray players are at a very mature point and differences are getting smaller as development peaks.

Personally now hoping for more great film releases to enjoy the kit i currently have. Hobbit next, not sure after that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts