Is it worth upgrading from Mission 731s?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently replaced items damaged by lightning to a Cambridge 640 Azure CD player and Rotel RA 04 amp. The sound through my old Mission 731s really isn't that bad at all and I remember What Hi Fi commenting that they were the sort of speaker which did real justice to more expensive partnering equipment.

What my treasurer (Mrs G) and I would like to know is, am I going to be rewarded with a significantly more fantabulous sound if I splash out 200 knicker on Monitor Audio BR2's or £150 on some B and W 602 S3 on sale in my local hi fi shop? My room is about 8 metres square approximately.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear you took a lightning hit - I'm in Brisbane, Australia. We not only get a lot of electrical storms but the power is a tad unreliable compared to the UK. I'd highly recommend one of these as its kept my kit (and my nerves) solid for a couple of years now (I have one for my hifi gear and two more on our computers etc) and they guarantee kit connected to it up to quite a high value too which shows confidence in the product IMO.

I don't know how the 731s compare to the BR2's though I'm sure Andrew will be along to tell you shortly. I'm been a long term 'Mission' fan and recently bought the MA RS6's and if, like me, you liked Mission, I'm pretty sure you'll like Monitor Audio too - maybe have a listen to the RS1's if your budget allows.

Good Luck either way.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the info on surge protection equipment. I'll get some. The lightning knocked out our TV's and modem too!

David

TRENDING THREADS