Is it worth to invest in main power cabels ?

staggerlee

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
Some people say yes and some people say no. You are not going to get an answer. As suggested do a search and you can some strong views on both sides.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
If it were me, I'd be saving up my money for a longer term and more meaningful upgrade. If you really want to go down this route, have a look at this piece first. The author is (a) an audiophile, (b) an eminent electronic engineer, (c) undogmatic.

EDITED: tidied up link

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
matt49 said:
If it were me, I'd be saving up my money for a longer term and more meaningful upgrade. If you really want to go down this route, have a look at this piece first. The author is (a) an audiophile, (b) an eminent electronic engineer, (c) undogmatic.

EDITED: tidied up link

Thanks matt49 !

I read the article and it seems that it is better to buy only the SUPRA LoRad md06-eu main distributions block to reduce radio and other interference no point to invest on main cabels .

thanks .

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
I got the stratus 52 to go with matrix block.
I thought initially the stratus was improvement using with previous gear as it seemed to smooth out sound (noise etc) and easier on ear, but subsequently traded in for musicworks reentry cable as I was loosing detail with rega dac I had at the time.
I am now doubting this and have ordered a Naim std interconnect to go from wall to matrix block to see.

Mains does affect the sound, but I would say tread carefully.
Ambrose

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Definitely worth it and there's a very simple correlation, the more you spend the bigger the night and day difference will be.

I concur, and the more money you spend on it the bigger improvement you think you will hear :rofl:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Definitely worth it and there's a very simple correlation, the more you spend the bigger the night and day difference will be.

:shame:

I looked at your HiFi system pictures and it is really great , Are you telling me that you are using cheap cables for such a good system :?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I would try Copper Line or Copper Line Alpha+ from Clearer Audio......experiment for 60 days and return if necessary.

The TQ Blue may also be worth trying if you can borrow that.

As usual, my advice is to take nobody's word for this, and listen for yourself.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
BenLaw said:

:shame:

I looked at your HiFi system pictures and it is really great , Are you telling me that you are using cheap cables for such a good system :?

If you were to ask me, that is what I would tell you. Although I would probably use the word 'generic'. Or 'state of the art'.

T

the record spot

For someone who bought the hype, I'm surprised this thread even appeared int he first place. Somebody give him the answer he wants eh?

Ah, Ben's been and done that. As you were... :wall:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I would try Copper Line or Copper Line Alpha+ from Clearer Audio......experiment for 60 days and return if necessary.

The TQ Blue may also be worth trying if you can borrow that.

As usual, my advice is to take nobody's word for this, and listen for yourself.

Hi CnoEvil ,

I am upgrading my Roksan now just ordered the Rotel RB1582/RC1580 power/pre combination and once arrive I will check the main power cables more carefuly .

For now my tendency is that the main power cabels is not a big issue and it is not worth spending money on it but as I said I will check it in due course .

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Just make sure you get cable lifters for the floor and make sure they are dark blue, not black. Black power cables are more resonant.

If possible, make sure you lay them north to south rather than east to west, that way you will follow the Earth's magnetic field and avoid transient flux anomalies.

Avoid platinum cables as the bass can get shiny. Also be careful not to buy them off a vicar,unless he is wearing a robe.

Do not under any circumstances feed them after midnight.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Bigsounds said:
Does no one want to tells us they make our tea taste better or is it still too early for that little gem?

I bought one for the toaster and now I get perfect toast, pre-spread with marmalade. It is a silver cable though, so the toast is a little hard in the treble.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
BenLaw said:

Absolutely!!! I have found spending large amounts on stuff like mains cables, Stillpoints, Electret Foil, ash cable raisers, green pens, etc is most worthwhile. What I cannot understand is that no one else can hear the differences - they must all be cloth-eared. My next purchase will be a cable burner so that any new cable I buy can preconditioned overnight to reach optimum performance instead of weeks when merely playing test tones through them.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Aftermarket cables are so last year. You need someone in to relax the walls of your room, you'll never get a good sound if the rooms not relaxed.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Craig M. said:
Aftermarket cables are so last year. You need someone in to relax the walls of your room, you'll never get a good sound if the rooms not relaxed.

Ganja! That'll be the next audiophool upgrade.

If you smoke enough weed in the room before listening to your HiFi the walls will become relaxed due to the passive smoking effect.

TRENDING THREADS