Is it worth it?

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Quick question...

I've recently bought a Yamaha rx-v667 amp and in two minds about something.

I have been offered a New Yamaha rx-v1067 for a superb price and can sell my amp for not much less than what i paid for it.

Would i see much benefit between the amps, i.e is it worth it!

Thanks for you views in advance!!

A

Anonymous

Depends on the price really.

But not a huge huge night and day difference between the 2 I would say

A

Anonymous

Oh sorry didnt know I needed to tell everyone that I demo'd lots before buying my stuff.

A

Anonymous

Thats what they are selling for with peter tyson.

If it was me, I would not.

I went from a vsx-819 which was 350 rrp to a SC-LX72, and when I demo'd stuff in the 600 .00

price range I did not see a huge difference.

So took the plunge and bought an amp that was 1500.00 rrp and got it for 850.00 I think it was.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
canada16:Oh sorry didnt know I needed to tell everyone that I demo'd lots before buying my stuff.

Chill yer boots, fair enough. You wouldn't have been the first person here to offer an opinion based on nothing but reading magazine reviews. Wouldn't have taken too much just to say "When I demoed them both I couldn't find enough difference to warrant the extra money" or something like that would it?

A

Anonymous

Oh I see, was listning to stuff months before my big purchase at my local RS and Audio T.

I just belivie from a good amp like the 667, I think you would need to add another 800-1000 on top to hear lots of difference.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
canada16:
Oh I see, was listning to stuff months before my big purchase at my local RS and Audio T.

I just belivie from a good amp like the 667, I think you would need to add another 800-1000 on top to hear lots of difference.

useful to know, cheers.

canada16:

It depends on which speakers you're comparing it with. The speakers should have the ability to bring out the best from an amp.

For example, you won't hear much difference between the 667 & 3067 when you connect to a Boston Acoustics Soundware XS. But the story is completely different when you connect them to, say, Monitor Audio Platinums.

festing11: So for example if i upgraded my speakers to Monitor Audio RadiusHD's then i would notice a difference to the sound quality??

With Monitor Audio Radius HD, there's a definite step up in sonic performance when you upgrade from 667 to 1067. Obviously, the Yamaha RX-V2067 will bring the best out of your speakers and will be much superior.

Demo them & check out yourself.

A

Anonymous

Sorry I didnt see your speakers in your bio, I would upgrade the speakers first.

I went from wharfedale 9.1 to the RX6 and all I can say is ......... WOW

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Depends on the price really.

But not a huge huge night and day difference between the 2 I would say

Well it's not often I disagree with you Canada, but the difference in these 2 AVRs is huge, I directly compared the 667, 767 and 1067 in one go with the RX package and my Radius HD and the difference was huge, the chassis design, power design and internals are completely different from the 1067 upwards.

There will be a huge improvement from the 667 to 1067 IMO, I even auditioned an ex-display LX72 and the yamaha pushed it close, but had more features, it's a steal of an AVR at £650.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts