Is it possible to transfer iTunes content for my old PC to my new one??

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have just upgraded my PC and wanted to know if it is possible to transfer all the songs I have on iTunes on the old PC to the new one with out having to spend countless hours ripping all my CDs into iTunes again? If possible I'd love to transfer all data on the old PC to the new one.
smiley-sealed.gif

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The easiest way would be to connect the two with an ethernet cable, and just copy the files from one to the other (you'll have to find where iTunes has put them, shouldn't be too hard)

Once you have connected the two together (depending on whether both running windows 7 or the older one is on something else) you will have to do some tinkering in home sharing or network places, depending on the OS. A quick google provides you with a youtube tutorial on it.

Or if you have an external hard drive lying around you could put them all on that then move them from the HD to your new PC.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Plug in your exterrnal USB drive on the old computer.

On your old PC's 'C' drive, locate your iTunes library. (Documents and SettingsusernameMy DocumentsMy Music)

Right click and click 'copy' on the iTunes library icon on your C drive.

Now go to 'My Computer', open the external drive, right click in it and 'paste'. The iTunes library will be copied to it.

When it's finished plug the external drive into the new computer.

Go to 'my computer' and click on 'C' drive. Find... UsersusernameMy Music (Windows 7) or .. . Documents and SettingsusernameMy DocumentsMy Music (Win XP).

In another window open your external drive and either drag the iTunes libray icon or right click and copy.

Drop (or paste) the iTunes library onto your C drive into 'my music'.

When that's finished, download and install iTunes from Apple UK's download website and it will find everything (settings, music files, playlists artwork etc.) automatically.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
sta99y said:
Is you're old pc a laptop? What's wrong with it?

Its a desktop and there is nothing really wrong with it as such as in it still works fine, it's just the processor and graphics card are somewhat dated. The new pc also has a much superior sound card
smiley-sealed.gif

A

Anonymous

You should consider using something like the cheap cloud server hosting I use, the next time you would need to transfer your data you won't have any problem. I use it as my data backup solution and it can be really handy whenever I have to face such situations.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts