Is it possible to piggyback off SKY HD?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
We are getting a 2nd HD TV and are looking for an alternative to purchasing another Sky HD box and paying the £10 monthly fee. Is it possible to piggyback off our exisiting Sky HD Box in order to get a HD picture to the second TV? We are currently using a "magic eye" on our CRT which gives us the functionality we require, however when we update to the HD TV we want to ensure that we get a HD picture!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Try KEENE ELECTRONICS as they have a CAT5 system that can be wired up to send the HD signal all around the house but its not cheep.
emotion-15.gif

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Do you have component sockets on your box?

Couldn't you watch over component in the main room and run a HDMI (or Cat 5 or whatever) to the second set?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Runing a CAT5 system will work out more cost effective as there is the cost of the extra HD reciever and not forgetting the extra £10 a month for the MULTIROOM subscription, so say you manage to pick up a 2nd HD box for £200 +£120 P.A. for MULTIROOM, then the initial outlay for a CAT5 system does not seem quite so bad does it? and also offers the benifit of having HD all around the Home.
emotion-15.gif

Do SKY actually offer/let you have a 2 HD box system when having a multiroom subscription?
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME:
Do SKY actually offer/let you have a 2 HD box system when having a multiroom subscription?
emotion-40.gif

If you mean having more than 1 HD box in the house the answer is yes, i read an article about a footballer who had 12 or 13 HD boxes in his house!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Is component HD quality or SD? I thought (possibly wrongly) that you can only get HD picture quality via HDMI cable....

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes You can get HD via component at either 720p or 1080i from the Sky HD box, but what you are loosing out on is the benifit of the DIGITAL conection the HDMI cable gives which IMHO definatly helps to improve the overall picture of both SD and HD channels.
emotion-15.gif

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
And bear in mind you'll need to run an audio connection as well as the component video - component only carries video.

Can you run a component and RCA cable into one TV, and a HDMI into another? Are there any issues with the HD box allowing you to do this?

A

Anonymous

Andy Grange:Andrew Everard:

Can you run a component and RCA cable into one TV, and a HDMI into another? Are there any issues with the HD box allowing you to do this?

I have not found any probs. I have converted the cellar into cinema room - The HD box is in the lounge above and I run HDMI into the projector in the cellar (magic eye) and component into the 26" lounge tv. Cellar is for sports & movies, Lounge is for news etc.

A

Anonymous

Anyone know if either of the new wireless Monster or Belkin Flywire devices would allow you to transit Sky HD between two or more TV's?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

The only problem I would have with this system (the CAT5) is you'd be limited to only watching one channel at a time around the house. Unless I have misunderstood something? Although it does solve the OP's original question.

A 2nd box at least gives you the full range of channels from your main subscription - then £10 extra for the HD mix.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a magic eye to change the channels through co ax. It's cheaper to use the component downstairs and hdmi up side of house into upstairs tv than the cat 5 option whihc is £174 x 2 + cat 5 cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts