is cooker cable better for hifi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have moved my hifi as i am decorating the house,,and plugged the cdt and dac and headphone amp into the sockets in the kitchen
now i dont know but why does it sound a lot better in the kitchen, and think its all down to the cooker outlet that has thicker cables run straight to it and not a ring main i am now thinking of running spur straight from the mains,, also my father now 70yrs old who was an electrican thinks am nuts as he does not agree anything about cables,-- any thougths welcome on this so i can show him i am not alone thinking mains cable may have an effect on hifi sound..

idc

You talk of moving your CD etc into the kitchen, but have you also moved your speakers into the kitchen? Could this be down to the different room's accoustics?

A

Anonymous

hi no only cd transport dac and headphone amp to use headphones as kitchen is far to small for mission 753 speakers

A

Anonymous

40A cable does sound better than 20A ring main cable.
Also having a single spur. (as you have found out)

If your proposed Spur runs near to other cables it will be better if you use shielded 40A wiring.

idc

If the speakers are still in the livingroom could it be a case of the empty room as you decorate has different accoustics?

I have also found in the past that a good clean and pulling plugs out and pushing them back in can make a difference. I assume you did that to move the amp etc.

I am not a closed mind to the mains being a cause of good/bad sound, but I do think it is the least important factor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts