Is Anti Reflective Coating damage covered under warranty?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys

Think my Panasonic plasma got anti reflective coating damage. I bought my tv last June 2011 so I'm interested to know if I'm covered by my warranty or not?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If it's been damaged rather than failed – ie you have (or someone has) done something to damage it, rather than it just flaking off or something due to a manufacturing or component fault – then the answer is going to be no.

You could try claiming on your home isnurance policy if you have an 'all risks' kind of cover, but that's about it.

A

Anonymous

Doesn't look like any thing peel off but the marks are perment!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello again,

I read your comments regarding this issue in my screen burn thread but thought i would reply here as you have started a new thread regarding this new issue with your G20.

If the coating was damaged when the set was in for repair then the repair agent is liable for any repair and you should contact them to report damage to your tv during repair, they are insured and the damage should be put right free of charge. If the coating has simply started to fail then it is covered by the warranty, there is no disclaimer that i can remember seeing when i read (several times) the warranty for my G20 when i had it.

Any damage to the coating should be repaired free of charge by Panasonic as the tv is within it's first year warranty, it may be a good idea to follow up your email with a call to Panasonic to get things rolling regarding repair...the only problem is that you will probably have to use the same repair agent as last time.

Sorry to hear you are having yet another issue with your G20, you truly have my sympathies, if it was me i would get the coating issue repaired and then cut my losses and try to sell the tv to get something else.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Wasn't aware this TV had been in for repair, as OP didn't mention this in his/her question. If that's where the damage happened, then yes, the company responsible for the repair should put. If, however, the OP has damaged the set, it won't be covered by the warranty.

A

Anonymous

I'm already ahead of you! I rung Panasonic yesterday but now they using a different repair agents to last time. See's Panasonic make thier own rules as they go. Just had a look in Richer Sounds the Panasonics do have a lot of flicker on them. Hopefully go to repair agents Monday hopefully something will be done fingers crossed!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Wasn't aware this TV had been in for repair, as OP didn't mention this in his/her question. If that's where the damage happened, then yes, the company responsible for the repair should put. If, however, the OP has damaged the set, it won't be covered by the warranty.

Sorry Andrew i should have made you aware of the OPs continuing issues with this set as covered in the Screen burn or image retention thread started by myself when i had one of these tvs. The OP has had similar issues that i had with this tv and it seems the tv may have been damaged when it went in for repair of a suspected screen burn or image retention issue.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
MrCoolxx said:
I'm already ahead of you! I rung Panasonic yesterday but now they using a different repair agents to last time. See's Panasonic make thier own rules as they go. Just had a look in Richer Sounds the Panasonics do have a lot of flicker on them. Hopefully go to repair agents Monday hopefully something will be done fingers crossed!

That's a good thing that they are using a different repair agent, no? You may get a better service from this company, at least Panasonic are responding to your issue and you are getting the tv in for repair which is good news.

My GT30 tv has absolutelt no flicker issues so i'm wondering what model tvs you were looking at?

Keep me posted with what happens regarding your repair and i hope you get a better service than last time.

A

Anonymous

Well the clowns they used last time wasn't up to much so Panasonic dropped them. Makes you question Panasonic big time. Thier customer after sales is diobolical. Even engineer I spoke to was unsure if Panasonic covered it in thier warranty. It's the one big question mark that hangs over the company and it's a shock to the system. I can't recommend Panasonic cos of this.

A

Anonymous

Still would be a surprise if i stick with Panasonic though! i take my tv in tomorrow so i keeping everything crossed for tomorrow!

A

Anonymous

Panasonic won't cover it well there's a surprise! One actually wonders what a Panasonic warranty covers today? Besides taking your money and providing a very poor service very little else by the look of it. When I do get round to sorting my tv dilemma or is that nightmare? Then buying Panasonic is like buying a share in Northern Rock.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
As I say, if it was undamaged when you sent it to them / their agents and it was subsequently damaged, they are liable to rectify this, whether it is covered by a warranty or not. Write to them and tell them this. Threaten them with court action.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts