Is a sensibly DAC with 4 digital inputs (at least 2 optical) too much to ask for?

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
:quest: Is a sensibly DAC with 4 digital inputs (at least 2 optical) too much to ask for? Any recommendations (yes I the word sensibly is subjective - I want to spend the least possible but with quality to match at least that of the Arcam rLink)?. Many thanks, Stuart

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for the quick reply. The Beresford has the inputs I need how about the sound quality? The auto feature looks good but the instructions said it doesn't work with some kit. I'd be hooking up Apple TV and TV to the opticals and sky HD and Sony Bluray to the digital coax.

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
Had the Bushmaster for a couple of months and been blown away by the sound. I am sure this is something to do with the way it is passive (no nasty op amps are used in the output stage - unlike most DACs). In fact I also auditioned the Audiolab MDAC but I actually preferrred the Bushmaster (at several hundred pounds cheaper than the MDAC).

BTW the Auto Input select on the Bushmaster is optional - you can always overide it by choosing the inputs manually - so you shouldn't have any worries on this score. You also get a very fine Headphone amp on the Bushmaster which drives my Sennheiser HD650s beautifully (Stan of Beresford actuallly tweaked the Headphone section to match the specs of my HD650s at no extra cost).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts