Is a 46 inch screen too big?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there. I'm about to go ahead and buy a new LCD TV, the one I'm interested in is the TOSHIBA 46ZV555D. The problem is I don't have a very big living room and could probably make do with the 42 inch model but he big kid in me is begging me to go for the 46! The max viewing distance will be about 8 Ft away, will this be too close? I've had a 42 inch rear pro TV for years now and can understand how fast you get used to a screen size. Will I regret not getting the 46 inch? Please help!

matthewpiano

Depends on where the balance of your viewing is. If you watch only disc based stuff and Sky HD the 46" will be fine, but if you watch quite a bit of standard def programming from Sky or Freeview then I'd definitely be looking at the 42" instead.

A

Anonymous

Its all about individual taste. I was going to get a 42 then decided on a 46 and now I wish I'd got a 50 and if I'd got that I'd probably want something bigger! I sit 3m away but could easily sit closer no matter what was on a screen. Some people don't like a screen to be to too big but personally I feel bigger is better - to a point anyway. I reckon you would regret not getting the 46. Like you say, you get used to the size and if you're going to fork out a lot for a new screen might as well make it at least a bit bigger. Also, the advantage of full hd screens at less than 46 inch is deemed to be minimal if that is an important feature to you.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
My head is about 7.5 feet away from my 46" tv, i am now thinking whether i should have gone for a 50" so a 46" or 50" will be fine, forget the 42" it's too small don't forget to allow for the black bars top & bottom when you're watching a wide screen film.

A

Anonymous

Think the 46" TV will be fine.
However for SB it will look much better if you buy something like a Sony RDR-HXD995 to go with it which upscales everything to 1080p as well as being a very nice 250gb HD recorder.

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
A 46" would be great at that distants especially fo HD material !!!!

maybe even go for a 50"

a 42" would be a dissapointment and you would always be thinking "should have gone bigger "

A

Anonymous

46" will be perfect. 42" is too small and you'll be itching to upgrade after a week. There's no need to scale everything to 1080p before feeding it to the TV. The processing built into the Tosh you picked out is pretty much state of the art.

Enjoy!ÿ

TRENDING THREADS