Is 2007 ..........

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
.....too recent an edition of the mag to throw it away ?

I have been rooting through the boxes in the loft and spare room and have decided, as I'll never read the backdated editions, they're going to the tip. Is 2007 too new ?

A

Anonymous

No outrage so out they go
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

andyb190:
.....too recent an edition of the mag to throw it away ?

I have been rooting through the boxes in the loft and spare room and have decided, as I'll never read the backdated editions, they're going to the tip. Is 2007 too new ?

For Hi-fi no.

For AV yes. Equipment seems to become obsolete as soon it hits the shelves.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Andy, to be honest the way stuff gets updated replaced etc these days, I think 12months is max to keep them. Anyway if you come across a page you really want to keep for reference. Do what I do and photo-copy it and file it. Hope you"ve got the loft boarded with all that weight up there.
emotion-5.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
RodhasGibson:
Andy, to be honest the way stuff gets updated replaced etc these days, I think 12months is max to keep them. Anyway if you come across a page you really want to keep for reference. Do what I do and photo-copy it and file it. Hope you"ve got the loft boarded with all that weight up there.
emotion-5.gif

Agreed! Worth sticking in the recycling bin I think...

A

Anonymous

RodhasGibson:
emotion-5.gif

Not that much weight- 4-5 years WHS&V, 6 years Living etc. (I'm keeping these) and numerous years of Health & Fit mags (which'll go as well).

Come to think of it where's my...
images

T

the record spot

Would've thought the way to go here was to buy the Ultimate Guide to Hi Fi and/or Home Cinema, then ditch the individual magazines?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I keep editions of WHFSAV for 3 months/issues. A new one comes and the oldest one gets chucked.

I'd really struggle to keep them all. I have every edition of EVO magazine for about the last 9/10 years. I get enough grief from the Mrs about this, let alone storing another mag.

A

Anonymous

Just keep the 2007 awards issue. Up until the wife got pregnant in 2007 I had every award issue since 1986 in boxes in the loft. It was sad to bin them but now I don't miss them at all. At the time of binning it was nice to have a browse through seeing things like the Nad 3020i and Denon 260 tuner getting the praise.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it's hard to miss something you never see. I'm a bit of a hoarder but having to sort out is very cathartic. Haven't been able to throw everything though the Mags are now on their way to be recycled.......or buried in a landfill in China
emotion-7.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts