ipod Touch or Sony X series?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am looking to buy either an ipod Touch or a Sony X series. I can't decide between the 2. does anyone have any thoughts. any opinion gratefully recieved
emotion-54.gif

Trefor Patten

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Sony - better sound out of the box, but a swine to use compared to iPod Touch. iPod Touch, more flexible, more useful and sounds closer to Sony, or even better, if connected to a better pair of phones

davydmx

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys, have same dilemna! My 5th gen ipod 30gb broke, other day. What to buy? My library's mostly in Apple Lossless format though, which the Sony doesn't support, so i'm leaning towards the Touch. But the idea that the Sony sounds better is bugging me! And the Sony's available at good prices online!

John Duncan

Yup, iPods are dearer, but the support in terms of help and accessories is unparalleled, and the Touch, if you were to go for that over the Classic, is a thing of wonder.

Do budget for some CX300s though, as without them you're right, you may as well go for the Sony, since all iPods sound totally rubbish with the supplied phones.

davydmx

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorted on the earphone front, as i've just received my warranty replacement pair of UE Superfi 5pros. They're just waiting to be plugged into my new player! Thanks guys, going with the 8gb Touch.

A

Anonymous

Oops...make sure you never listen to the Sony as your likely to regret your decision ;)I firmly believe that a PMP is all about sound quality and music and not the 'extra's' Apple throw in to compensate...they're nice but simply gimmicks.

bemahler1

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
Good choice, have the 16gb itouch and the Sony but for overall sound and being such an incredible portable machine it's the itouch,used with a small portable amp and a pair of Alessandro MS1s, could not wish for more.

davydmx

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
oeurf:Oops...make sure you never listen to the Sony as your likely to regret your decision ;)I firmly believe that a PMP is all about sound quality and music and not the 'extra's' Apple throw in to compensate...they're nice but simply gimmicks.

I don't doubt you about the Sony's superior sound! However, i've now had the Touch nearly a week and frankly, it's amazing. It's just a complete box of tricks! In light of that, the slighty less good sound than my old 30gb iPod is forgivable. Just....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts