Ipod classic (maybe) and what headphones?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first post, and was wondering what Ipod or a n other MP3 player to get and headphones?

I have about 700 CD and would want to rip them at the highest bit rate possible, so would the 120 GB Classis be my best bet?

Also, I would like in ear buds, and my price range would be between 50 - 70 quid.  Could anybody help please?

Cheers,

Potboyslim 

idc

potboyslim:

This is my first post, and was wondering what Ipod or a n other MP3 player to get and headphones?

The ipod classic, even after a change in its DAC, which some say results in a poorer sound, is still a brilliant product. Buy with confidence.

potboyslim:

I have about 700 CD and would want to rip them at the highest bit rate possible, so would the 120 GB Classis be my best bet?

Import your CDs at apple lossless. The 700 CDs will exceed the limit of the ipod, but that does not matter. You can manually control what syncs from itunes to ipod by checking and unchecking the tracks/albums you want to sync. You can also make up a playlist to control what syncs with the ipod. Itunes is limitless in its capacity. Your PC/hard drive will dictate the limit of music you can store.

potboyslim:

Also, I would like in ear buds, and my price range would be between 50 - 70 quid. Could anybody help please?

Loads of earphones here to choose; http://whathifi.com/Reviews/Accessories-Reviews/Headphones-Reviews/

My preference is Sennheiser and I use the mx500s which you can now get for £5 off Amazon! I would rather not say what I paid for them!

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
You could rip at 320kbps AAC and get all your CDs on Pod, at a pinch. As my learned friend says, buy with confidence...I stuck with a Sony for ages but the Ipod Classics are the DBs and sound great via decent headphones or a dock.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Headphones - Sennheiser MX300s for in-ears, over-ears PX100s or 200s. I love my iGrados but they do make you look like a goon and squash your head, so try before you buy if you can. Love the sound though!!! beltin'

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
potboyslim:
Hi,

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

Also, I would like in ear buds, and my price range would be between 50 - 70 quid. ÿCould anybody help please?

ÿ

Cheers,

ÿ

Potboyslimÿ

I would second everyones opinion about the i pod classic 120 GB,rip at 320 mp3/aac bitrate, don`t think the pod`s dac will sound much different between that and lossless,having said that if you have the disk space rip all your cd`s in lossless and then create a 320 bit rate playlist/library
that you can sync with the pod and will probably get all your cd`s on it. This will save you ripping all your cd`s again if you decide to use your pc/laptop as a source in the future.

Have a look/listen at the shure range of ear buds,I have the SE110`s and they do the job very nicely for me.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies.... So it seems as if the Ipod Classic is the way forward, and maybe the Shure headphones.

ÿ

Do you have to change a preference etc in iTunes to make it rip to lossless, or does it do it automatically?

ÿ

PotBoySlimÿ

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Not an iPod user myself but do have some experience with them and I must say cant really fault the classic. As far as HPs I would definitely recommend Sure's, i have an older set and they sound excellent, the fit can take a little getting used to but I find I cant wear any other type of bud now, You will get different sizes and types of adapter to fit your ear, i would recommend the Foamy's they give excellent noise isolation, sometimes too much Great for traveling, no good if you want to hear your wife when she shouts (Ok so that may not be a bad thing).

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi potboyslim

If you click on the videos tab on the what hi-fi homepage theres actually a video showing you how to change the settings (on a Mac)

I had to do it slightly differently on my PC. From the Music screen on itunes go to Edit - Preferences - General - Import Settings

You should be able to make changes here. You should only have to select you preferred method once and it won't change until you do it manually

Personally I only did a select few of my CDs in lossless - the rest I did at the original default rate

A

Anonymous

I get the classic in a few days, so am looking at the headphones etc.

ÿ

Also, when I rip the music onto the computer to download, can I then delete the music off the computer and it still stay on the Ipod? ÿI am only asking, as it on my old mans computer, and he needs the space for all the picture things he does with his new all in one mac thing!

ÿ

I don't have a computer, as can't be bothered with one in my house....ÿ

A

Anonymous

There is an option when setting up the iPod to manually sync. This means you will be able to keep all the songs you originally put on your iPod from your Mac even if you delete them. Then whenever you have a new CD just burn it to your Dad's computer, drag the tracks to your iPod, then delete them again. Just dont pick the 'automatically sync' option otherwise if you delete the music off your Mac the next time you plug in your iPod it will sync it to match whats on your Mac, which will be...NOTHING!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts