Iplayer

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have an LG 42LE8900 TV, which I am very happy with. One of the selling points for me was the BBC's iPlayer was accessible through LG's Netcast application suite. There is also an option to select the HD stream for certain programmes.

However, the iplayer is plagued with buffering problems which occurs in both SD and HD. I have virgin 10mb broadband and the tv is connected via the ethernet port, so I should have plenty of bandwidth.

Anybody having similar problems, and is there anything to remedy this?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a 42 inch led LG tv which is also very good, and i have also been having a problem with the netcast iplayer application. I have 30mb virgin broadband and my tv is also connected via ethernet. I phoned them a few weeks ago about it and they said they know about the problem and are working on it. It's apparently loading as much as it can and instead of deleting the data once it has played it keeps it and then runs out of room to carry on loading. LG told me they have already brought out a firmware update for some other of the models however they need to carry on working on it before it is released for everything. In the mean while there is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. Just have to wait for the update which hopefully won't be too long.

Hope that helps

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Just an update on the LG iplayer buffering issue. LG has pre-installed iplayer on their tv's via the Netcast software suite.

Well, it doesn't work either on the HD or SD stream, after 15 minutes the picture stops with a buffering message or an error message.

Having gone on their website, there is a thread supposedly addressing this problem.

I would like to report that LG response has been nothing, the guy on the site keeps saying he is waiting for the tech guys to get back to him, but still nothing.

I have emailed LG directly, and have had no reply.

If LG can't fix this issue, they should remove iplayer as it doesn't work.

So if anyone (like myself) buys at tv because they would like to use iplayer in HD, don't bother because it doesn't work.

Life is not good!

A

Anonymous

I too am experiencing exactly the same problem as you; iPlayer streams fine for the first 15mins or so then stops with 'buffering' message. I don't have the fastest connection (around 2.5Mb) but I don't have any problems streaming iPlayer to my PC using the same wired LAN and the same connection.

The explanation from LG that the software is not releasing the data once it has played it ties in with what I'm experiencing but what a stupid oversight on the part of their software developers and doesn't say much for their testing.

In all other respects I'm delighted with the TV (a 32LE5900) so much so that I'm considering relegating it to our bedroom and upgrading to the 42" version for the lounge. The only thing that stops me from doing this is the lack of a fix for this problem.

So come on LG. Pull your finger our. This can't be that difficult a bug to resolve.

TRENDING THREADS