iPlayer on Humax Freeview HD box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In this month's magazine's letters page there is a claim that iPlayer can be accessed by the Humax Freeview HD box. Does anyone have any further help/info as I can't find it.

Thanks

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
When we tested the Freeview HD box in question, the Humax HD-FOX T2, in July it was due for an upgrade to enable BBC iPlayer "later this year". I need to check if that upgrade has yet been implemented, as I'm not sure it has.

What I do know is that the Humax Freesat boxes were upgraded to get BBC iPlayer in March via the red button service, so I suspect it will be a similar process on the Freeview boxes. Clicky

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response. I guess that it's not been implemented yet.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
mlb, just had a call back from Humax, and as I suspected, the upgrade on the HD-FOX T2 won't be implemented until the autumn. It's only on the Freesat boxes at the moment.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Homeplugs aren't possible because my router is on a different circuit. I was reading about using the Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter. Has anyone got any experience?

daveh75:Thats why Humax recommend the use of Homeplugs.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
DistortedVision:

Homeplugs aren't possible because my router is on a different circuit. I was reading about using the Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter. Has anyone got any experience?

daveh75:Thats why Humax recommend the use of Homeplugs.

My router is on one circuit, my two homeplugs on two other cicuits. It works fine. I assume you are using one consumer unit? If so, you should not have any problems..

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
DistortedVision:Thanks. Can Homeplugs be connected to surge protected extension sockets?Don't know, but they recommend separate sockets as I recall.

A

Anonymous

Thanks alot for that, This sounds pretty good.
BN.gif

A

Anonymous

Any one know if the upgrade happened last autumn? Thinking about getting a HDR-FOX T2 and iPlayer would be a clincher for me.

robejz

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I bought the HDR Fox-T2 a couple of days ago and the iplayer works fine. I also bought the Humax wireless dongle to connect it to the internet and not had any problems with that.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Probably best to call or email Humax.

Their UK website is still saying...

"Internet TV Portal (Sky Player, Catch Up TV, Internet Radio and etc are available) future upgrade*
* Not available at launch, in development."

TRENDING THREADS