iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus, Apple Watch, iPod Touch 7th gen and Apple 4k TV with HDR 10 and DV - anyone interested?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.whathifi.com/features/8-new-features-we-and-you-want-to-see-iphone-8

I suppose I could become interested, but when I have a big phone well bigger than my iPhone 4S it keeps following out of my pocket! Any suggestions and are you interested in the iPhone 8 and what makes you interested in it? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
https://www.whathifi.com/features/8-new-features-we-and-you-want-to-see-iphone-8

I suppose I could become interested, but when I have a big phone well bigger than my iPhone 4S it keeps following out of my pocket! Any suggestions and are you interested in the iPhone 8 and what makes you interested in it? Thanks.
So £1000 seems to be the price bracket:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4420003/iphone-8-shipping-preorder/

Could be a while until you get it too!

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
I'm more than happy with my 7 for now. I'll upgrade in another 'generation' or so.
Doesnt wireless charging interest you, or an Oled screen?

D

Deleted member 2457

3 new models, didn't know that!

https://www.cnet.com/au/news/the-big-iphone-8-changes-will-likely-cost-you-more-than-ever/

daveh75

Not even remotely interested.

And Gel you need to realise that Apple are newsworthy maybe once a year, so for the other 364 days Apple watchers, blogs and news sites only have leaks ,rumours, speculation and often complete bollocks to fill their websites...

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75 said:
Not even remotely interested.

And Gel you need to realise that Apple are newsworthy maybe once a year, so for the other 364 days Apple watchers, blogs and news sites only have leaks ,rumours, speculation and often complete bollocks to fill their websites...
thumbs_up.png

I certainly won't mind spending a bit more on a phone, as that's my most used device. But won't be an Apple. I love the look and features of LG V30.....will see what Pixel XL 2 is like. Samsung S8 can be had for £499 now....hard to beat that.

D

Deleted member 2457

Gray said:
gel said:
Gray said:
There's more chance of me being the first to set foot on Mars.
*biggrin*. Not a fan then?

Well it's about 18 months each way, a bit risky and I don't even like funfair rides.

Oh sorry you mean the phone, no, not interested gel. I've never actually paid for a mobile phone, the thought of spending a grand on one.....
regular_smile.png
I have only ever bought 2 mobile phones and I thought I was doing well, but never paid for one is really impressive.
thumbs_up.png
I have set myself a target of saving some money before Xmas, so that I think puts me out of the running too. Not much iPhone 8 love on this forum then.
regular_smile.png

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I certainly won't mind spending a bit more on a phone, as that's my most used device. But won't be an Apple. I love the look and features of LG V30.....will see what Pixel XL 2 is like. Samsung S8 can be had for £499 now....hard to beat that.
Samsung uses an Oled screen too (I think)? I still like my iTunes music on my phone and the easy video camera though. I will have a look at the LG V30. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

I got an urge to buy something in John Lewis today and went for the iPhone se 32gb and the Apple Watch second generation Nike watch with a price match at £280! I had forgotten I asked John Lewis not to serve me when I was purchasing expensive stuff without my Dad. Along came a manager at the till and said they would reserve them until Tuesday for me to go back with my dad, lucky for me I have since got a control on my urge and glad I wont be buying them.
regular_smile.png

Saw in a paper online that the iPhone 8 will cost £750 for the 64gb and £1000 for the 500gb.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
I got an urge to buy something in John Lewis today and went for the iPhone se 32gb and the Apple Watch second generation Nike watch with a price match at £280! I had forgotten I asked John Lewis not to serve me when I was purchasing expensive stuff without my Dad. Along came a manager at the till and said they would reserve them until Tuesday for me to go back with my dad, lucky for me I have since got a control on my urge and glad I wont be buying them.

Saw in a paper online that the iPhone 8 will cost £750 for the 64gb and £1000 for the 500gb.
Just shows where my mind is at times. I had totally forgotten and this was 2 months ago I asked Oh dear!

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
BB, where can the Samsung s8 be had for £499? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
bigboss said:
BB, where can the Samsung s8 be had for £499? Cheers.
Its okay BB, I don't really need it. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

What's an LTE enabled watch?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/09/ios-11-leak-reveals-lte-apple-watch/

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:

Most likely PR managed from 'soup to nuts'. It's just silly season, pre-launch BS designed to get excitable people excited (both pro and anti).

It's got you, so it's working. One way or another (Samsung, Apple, LG, whatever) you now want to buy a brand-new, premium smart phone because of the 'leaks' and all the other predictable circus hoohah that infests the run-ups to these events.

Then there will be the finely engineered post launch 'shortages' (that always get sorted out just before Thanksgiving and Christmas.)

I like their products but I treat this sort of nonsense with a big pinch of salt.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
What's an LTE enabled watch?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/09/ios-11-leak-reveals-lte-apple-watch/

If you have to ask then you don't need it.

Go for a walk, have a coffee, read a book (or do something that doesn't need wi-fi for a day).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts