IPhone 3GS or samsung galaxy s2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I take delivery of my new galaxy s2 tomorrow and I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I am perfectly happy with the 3GS.I can't really fault it. I prefer it cosmetically to the iPhone 4 and i use it for a wee hit browsing,emails and a bit of YouTube. I also use it as a remote for iTunes and spotify. Do I keep the 3GS and sell the galaxy and pocket around £350 or take the plunge into android? I know I should have a play with the samsung and see what ibthink but i think it takes a month or so to really get used to a phone and its ways and by that time resale value will have dropped. Does anyone have any experience of these 2? Cheers

Android fans will suggest you to go for the Samsung, while the Apple fans will ask you to stick to your 3GS. If you're happy with your current phone, then I would suggest you either:

1) Sell your Samsung & pocket the money, or

2) Return the phone to your network provider & go for a far cheaper SIM only deal.

I'm an Android person, by the way. ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

A sim only deal was only a few quid cheaper.I've been with my provider for a while.

I was just wondering if the galaxy will do anything my iPhone doesnt or does things better.

I'm thinking selling it and putting the money towards a new watch or recording gear might be the way forward!

A

Anonymous

That wouldn't really concern me to be honest.

I think i was expecting there to be a significant difference but it seems it's down to preference more than anything.

Aside from the flash and java issue they seem to day the same things.

Sell it it is then!

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Having moved from 3GS to Galaxy S2 a few weeks ago, i'll never go back. The speed of the unit, ability to add / swap storage and general user-friendliness made a big difference to me. And i was getting really tired of people telling me they couldn't hear me when i was on the iphone.

But if you're happy with the iphone and can pocket some cash into the bargain - go for it!

A

Anonymous

That's a spanner in the works!i think I should maybe use it for a week then make a decision. If its more user friendly than th 3GS and is quicker then it must be some phone!

Paul.

You can sell a mint boxed 3GS for up to £250 if unlocked and 16gb, so I think the cash is a moot point. Play with the droid for a bit, sell the one you don't favour. Just bear in mind when the iPhone 5 drops, you will loose £50-£100 in depreciation on your 3GS, so it may be shrewd to shift the 3GS now. Apple have broken their usual product cycle, so no one really knows when the 5 is coming, the more respectable rumour sites point to September.

I personally would miss the faffless apple ecosystem though :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply paul. I won't sell my 3GS if I keep the galaxy as my partner will inherit it.she uses a plain 3G and will probably only get £100 for it. The main thing for me is the spotify and iTunes remotes.with apple they work really well and I will need to try out android ones riser how they compare.if there was an android remote for some other media player then I'd be happy to switch as I'm not a fan of iTunes really.

A

Anonymous

I switched from an iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S2 a couple of months ago and I love it.

I was apprehensive about the switch but the amount of customisation options available to you in the Android OS is just brilliant. I love having proper, active information on my homescreen such as weather, news, calendar and Facebook updates - to name but a few.

It is also easy to underestimate how much more of a pleasure it is using the glorious 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus screen - it is simply stunning and the extra 0.8" is really useful to have.

The App Store is great but the PC version of the Android Market helps usability and selected apps are automatically downloaded to your handset - by magic!

Try it and see how you get on. I went from an iPhone 3G to a 3GS to 4 and now have a Galaxy S2 and a Nexus S. All great phones, but it is nice to have a change sometimes.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Turn your 3GS in to an iPod touch. That way, you get the better phone in the S2 and keep your remote facilities on the 3GS.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Remember also that the 3GS 'only' has a 1ghz processor - the Galaxy has a 1.2ghz dual core.

For the next 2 years, the 3GS may be left wanting if apps require an increase in processor power.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Hi folks.

Thank you all for your helpful comments.

I've had a couple of days with the galaxy and the android app Market.

First impressions were good.it seemed really well built,even though the battery cover was flimsy as hell when you took it off. Switched it on and wow.the screen is stunning.huge, vivid, bright but never garish.

But alas there just isn't the apps that of like th use on a regular basis.the remotes are all there but I have a couple of drum machines and synths that I use on a regular basis ad there aren't any comparable android versions.

So the galaxy is off to a new home this evening thanks to gumtree.

To put my tuppence worth in with regards to the other rather heated phone thread, there is no better phone,just what suits you.sure certain screens are better, some apps are better than others but in my experience of galaxy's,HTCs and iPhones,including iPhone 4 they are all great handsets.

Thanksagain to everyone for their advice!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts