iphone 16gb

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi, Got one of the above on contract - finding it easy to use but have a small niggle with it, sometimes it turns off on its own. Screen goes blank and I have to use the power switch to boot it up again. It def goes off cos it keeps asking for my PIN code. Anyone else experience this? Cheers, Cofnchtr.

John Duncan

Two things at play probably, both in settings - auto-lock and passcode lock. I have autolock set to one minute (so that it powers down when I'm not using it, which makes sense), but I have passcode lock set to only require a passcode after 4 hours - which means I don't have to enter the passcode every time it powers down, only when it's been powered down for four hours (which generally means only overnight).

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Good tip JD! Might try that myself
emotion-21.gif

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have autolock set to 1 minute but passcode lock is off.

Usually when I want to use it, I hit the square at the bottom of the phone - I then get the homescreen (with pic of world), slide to unlock and we're away.

On the times I think it's actually turned off, I cannot do this. I have to use the power button on the top right of the phone - it then fires up, shows a white Apple logo then straight to the home screen but a small window appears letting me know the SIM is locked - I then unlock it and it is useable as normal.

I'm thinking that autolock is similar to the keylock on my previous phones where it only prevents accidental use of the phone while it's in my pocket - not a soft 'off' for the phone?

Battery level is good when this happens so it's not a low battery (I have seen both the 20% and 10% warnings).

Cheers for assistance so far.

Cofnchtr.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

About 7 minutes after I posted, I picked up the phone to send a text and it was off....had to push power button to start up the phone again - again it went through the sequence; Apple logo, passcode, home screen.

Mmmm...

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

try upgradeing the software to see if it has any joy. or whilest holding down the home button turn the phone off this will power down the phone (it will take longer to turn off) and reboot the phone, if this does not work then take a trip to the apple shop if you have one near to you, it is probably somthing very simple and they will sort it out and more inportantly you will know what to do if it happens again.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Just to update - found forum online that mentioned a number of users were having the same issue, I was going to wait and put OS4 on to see if that helped but the phone turned off 3 times last night when I was awaiting a phone call.

Took it back to Voda shop today and was given a new handset.

Hopefully all is OK with this one...

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts