iPad display problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Okay, I have taken a couple of pictures of the problem, and will upload them later, I have done it on my iPad 2.

D

Deleted member 2457

8913343915_d1313c43f4.jpg

See that black bit above, that is the problem! It is really messing our eyes up!

8913950994_c196159a2c.jpg

It jumps all over the screen!

D

Deleted member 2457

It seems to be working a bit better now.
smiley-smile.gif
There is a strange Zombie advert in place of the Currys advert now though, and that is a little bit of a problem too. Cheers.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
The problem's back, and seems even worse!! :doh:

The Zombie advert is now on the home page! The Don't Be Scared One. And that has caused it! Flipping heck! |(. I don't think my eyes can take this!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I did a quick check just now...

8934053546_ef004fd9bc_o.png

...all ok.

In fact I don't ever remember a problem with ads overrunning any WHF? page on any of my iPhones.

Repeated refreshes get me the LG ad (above), a JBL ad, a Naim ad, a Samsung Smart TV ad and a Sony Bravia ad.

They are all contained within a rectangle at the top (with the red WHF banner bordering it).

No pop-ups (they are blocked in settings anyway) and no other nasties.

I have also deleted all cookies and history and powered off/on and tried without being logged on. Still fine.

I guess this really does only affect iPads and not iPhones.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
I did a quick check just now...

8934053546_ef004fd9bc_o.png

...all ok.

In fact I don't ever remember a problem with ads overrunning any WHF? page on any of my iPhones.

Repeated refreshes get me the LG ad (above), a JBL ad, a Naim ad, a Samsung Smart TV ad and a Sony Bravia ad.

They are all contained within a rectangle at the top (with the red WHF banner bordering it).

No pop-ups (they are blocked in settings anyway) and no other nasties.

I have also deleted all cookies and history and powered off/on and tried without being logged on. Still fine.

I guess this really does only affect iPads and not iPhones.

On the iPhone it condenses the problem being smaller and the advert does not jump all over the place! You have to scroll down further than that picture you have taken to find the Zombie advert.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:
You have to scroll down further than that picture you have taken to find the Zombie advert.

I did that...

8934053546_3b824185b8_o.png

Looks ok.

You are getting closer, scroll further, it is just below the Haymarket advert. At present you have something in the way of it, with a left and right and number 6.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
You are getting closer, scroll further, it is just below the Haymarket advert. At present you have something in the way of it, with a left and right and number 6.

Stuck with the bookmarks bar with L and R arrows etc. (part of the iPhone screen not the WHF screen).

I can only 'full screen' it in landscape'.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We just aren't seeing the problem here: the Currys ad (which we thought might be causing the issue) has finished, replaced by the giffgaff one which is working fine on our iPhones/iPads.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andy Clough said:
We just aren't seeing the problem here: the Currys ad (which we thought might be causing the issue) has finished, replaced by the giffgaff one which is working fine on our iPhones/iPads.

The Giffgaff is causing more havoc than the Currys one! Can you just remove that one too, please? It is not doing anything anyway. Cheers.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
No gel, sorry but we can't remove it. We have to pay for the website (which is free to users) somehow! :)

I'll ask internet ops here to take another look at it.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Well it's certainly still happening here!

Every time I load a new page or scroll a page it gets re-drawn in big black blocks which is enough to give one a migraine

D

Deleted member 2457

Andy Clough said:
No gel, sorry but we can't remove it. We have to pay for the website (which is free to users) somehow! :)

I'll ask internet ops here to take another look at it.

Cheers. Perhaps they can stick it somewhere else? If it stays in the same place our eyes are buggered! Perhaps they can stick it at the top of the website, somewhere where it is not all squashed up. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

visionary said:
Well it's certainly still happening here!

Every time I load a new page or scroll a page it gets re-drawn in big black blocks which is enough to give one a migraine

Agreed. It is worse than 3D TV!

D

Deleted member 2457

Okay, the home page is okay now, but when you click on forums it is still there.

Check this video I've just uploaded on YouTube. It's quite compressed, so apologies for the quality. Check what happens at 14 secs, 31 secs & 42 secs. At its worst, this happens every time I click on the site:

http://youtu.be/U1ZghqgM3hU

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Check this video I've just uploaded on YouTube. It's quite compressed, so apologies for the quality. Check what happens at 14 secs, 31 secs & 42 secs. At its worst, this happens every time I click on the site:

http://youtu.be/U1ZghqgM3hU

Yep, that is the problem, and I think WHF know what it is too, but I think they can't afford to do anything about it. :cry:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts