iPad - brilliant

Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

The bro-in-law has a works Apple iPad, and this afternoon he gave a comprehensive demo of its capability. One of my favourite was how it manipulates photos. He took pics of me and other family members and it was like looking at a 'Hall of Mirrors'.

I was messing around with it for ages - never before has modtech engauged me so much.

Who knows, I may invest in one a few months down the line. Very addictive.

CnoEvil said:
chebby said:

......in theory anyway. Once this vintage car is purchased, PP will have a period of fiscal consolidation (enforced or otherwise). :)

Ahem... Classic car...
smiley-wink.gif

Really impressed with the iPad, but knowing me it'll probably be a five minute wonder, and get completely bored with it.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
chebby said:

......in theory anyway. Once this vintage car is purchased, PP will have a period of fiscal consolidation (enforced or otherwise). :)

Ahem... Classic car...
smiley-wink.gif

Really impressed with the iPad, but knowing me it'll probably be a five minute wonder, and get completely bored with it.

.......unlike a lovely sounding new pair of speakers. ;)

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
chebby said:

Ahem... Classic car...
smiley-wink.gif

.......unlike a lovely sounding new pair of speakers. ;)

Spot-on - couldn't put it better myself...

I would probably spend the first few days glued to it, then it'd collect dust: Unlike speakers of course.

Immensely impressed with the iPad's picture quality. I had Sky News, between racing a car around a track, and the clarity and detail was stunning. It maybe on my list.... sadly near the bottom.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I thought it would be a fad, but its the most used piece of kit in the house since I bought it in May.

Last night it was on Sonos duty, the night before England T20 on SkyGo in the kitchen.

A book at bedtime or a magazine most nights.

The kids and wife have to fight me for it.

A

Anonymous

Got to say I'm loving it too! Its my favourite way to look through this site, and how I'm posting right now.... 8)

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
I thought that the iPad was an up-market toy. Three months later I now think that it, and its like, will replace laptops for all but serious office work and gaming. Where I used to take a netbook on holiday or trips I now use an iPad; it is superior to my iPod for sound quality and my computer for looking at photographs (I load these easily from my camera); it is so easy to use and to install apps. Mine is loaded with maps, dictionaries, bird recognition apps which are useful when travelling. I control my music system with it, and can attach it to a projector or television.

Once you have one, you marvel at its usefulness.

Andrew

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I got mine on Tuesday and I must say I am amazed and very pleased with it. A lot easier to carry around than a laptop or netbook and some of the apps are brilliant. It also means I can check work emails and log on to my database at home.....without having to cart my laptop around.

The sound quality of apple lossless files is fantastic and Spotify is decent as well. In due course it will also be used to control my music via the Sonos application ( once I have purchased the Sonos kit)

The picture quality for BBC iPlayer and 4oD is also exceptional.

This is going to be a very well used bit of kit as far as I am concerned ( and yes I have just posted this using it :) )

A

Anonymous

Afternoon all. Anyone know of an easy way for me to get movies onto my ipad without downloading them from itunes, some of their movies are just a little too pricey. i want to download some for my holidays as i have a feeling that my plane is going to be older than me and have no TV's in the head rests.

A

Anonymous

Afternoon all. Anyone know of an easy way for me to get movies onto my ipad without downloading them from itunes, some of their movies are just a little too pricey. i want to download some for my holidays as i have a feeling that my plane is going to be older than me and have no TV's in the head rests.

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
armourtillo said:

The best way if you don't want to go through Itunes is to install a free app of VLC media player on your Ipad. ;)

Then you can add any films you have in virtually any format (Of course avi would probably be preferable re size, and good enough quality for a plane trip) and watch what you want. This can be done through Itunes on your PC very easily.

This is what i have on mine as i am flying quite a bit, and even if the plane has a film on i am normally watching my own, be it TV series or films. :)

TRENDING THREADS