iOS 6 available

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
... I had a look at the phone... It is lovely, it doesn't feel like parts, it just feels like one bit. Very light and very solid...

But what do you think about its size: too big/long - ie, does it look dorkish - and/or is it too cumbersome to fit into a Levi's front pocket? :?

Paul.

Its only 8-9mm taller, width is identical, its about 30g lighter and nearly 2mm thinner. So negligible all round I would say (except for the weight, that is very noticeable).

The thing that surprised me most was how tasteful the white one is. I have never liked the white ones, but the aluminium back looks really nice. Still think I would get a black one, but its much closer now.

Paul.

Looks like a huge improvement in toughness. After several drops on to tile from different heights, including above head height, dude has to actually toss it at the ground to get the screen to break.

http://www.ifixyouri.com/blog/?p=925

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Well my Black 32gb arrived at 9.00am this morning,and is all up and running no problems.I can confirm maps are pants.The phone itself feels great in the hand and it looks the business,the weight difference as you say is very noticable.As is the Nano Sim which I already had as I bought mine unlocked from Apple.So yeah well pleased with it.I have Tom Tom App and Google Maps on it too.Just about to give the camera a whirl,must try panorama.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
The thing that surprised me most was how tasteful the white one is. I have never liked the white ones ...

images

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Back on topic, we've been testing the iPhone 5/iOS 6 all day against its rivals and the old 4S, so hope to get our initial review online for the weekend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts