Internet radio usage

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it possible to calculate internet radio CAP usage. My package comes with 2 gig a month, any usage after that gets billed separately. My DSP Z7 doesn't come with a receiver, the amp is connected to the internet via network cable. My previous amp had a tuner and i would play the radio during the day. If i played internet radio, i would like to calculate the cost if i had to use it. I know my Skype service uses 180 meg per hour. Hope this makes sense.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Probably pretty difficult to measure. Have you "googled" to see if anyone has worked out that an hour's listening at x bitrate uses y amount of data? I can't see an internet radio blowing through your data cap - unless it is on 24/7?

A

Anonymous

i will try Google. With my previous amp i used the radio about 12hrs a day, i work from home so it's on most of the time. Since getting the DSP Z7 i've been using the ipod for music but i miss the radio as background music.

A

Anonymous

I live in South Africa, my service provider doesn't offer unlimited CAP. I'm going to download a program from the net that monitors data usage. I'll check data before using radio and check again after running it for a few hours and work back from there.

A

Anonymous

Update : Used the radio for 3 hours this morning, checked data usage. 30 meg, so 10 meg per hour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts