Internet Radio Newbie - Pioneer N30 help!!

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Hoping someone can help. My girlfriend got me a Pioneer N30 streamer to match the PD30 cd player I bought myself for christmas. I set it up last night and was tuning into some internet radio stations. She was telling me how when she was working in Florida she used to love listening to XL 106.7 so I thought it would be nice to try and get that through the N30. Typically this station is not listed on the vtuner site but thought it wouldn't be a problem as you can add streams to your Pioneer vtuner account. In order to listen to the station online on my laptop I had to setup a VPN to make the laptop appear as if it was in America (otherwise when I tried to stream it said "not available in your location). This now works fine on the laptop and I can get the URL for the live stream. But when I save this URL as the website for the N30 to stream from nothing happens. The display just shows xl106.7 (what I saved it as).

I am hoping someone with more internet radio experience (this is my first experience with it) could give me some advice. Do I need to connect the N30 to the VPN? Is anyone else able to connect to this radio station?

I did find this thread from years ago: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/digital-and-analogue-radio/how-to-listen-to-american-radio-stations-in-the-uk

but it seemed in this case XL106.7 was listed on vtuner.

Thanks!!!

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi stavvy. I have a N-30 too but I've not yet tried to add a station. How are you trying to do it; through the radio-pioneer site?

I'll try this sometime over the weekend and let you know how I get on.

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Petherick,

Excellent to hear from another N30 owner! Hopefully we can work through any problems together :)

yes I am trying to do it via the pioneer radio site (its something like pioneer.vtuner.com). There you can add details such as name, genre etc and provide the URL address for the site you wish to stream from. This will make sense when you have a look. As far as I am aware you would add the address for the online "radio player" itself. For me it is slightly more complicated as the online radio is meant to be only for people in the US but I got round this by setting up a VPN. I dont know if this is where the streamer hits a stumbling block.

I also had problems trying to tune into a few sites that ARE listed on the Vtuner site (some radio stations from back home in glasgow), It would try to tune in but would receive anything and just skip forward to the next available station. This might just be a temporary thing tho.

Let me know how you get on!

Steve

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
ok im actually having more issues. after turning it off and on I now cant connect to the network at all. I was under the assumption I could just go dchp on> dont use proxy server. but this doesnt connect. I have no clue how to set it up by inputting ip addresses etc. any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts