International purchase

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

is there someone who could explain me kindly why is not possible to buy hifi equipment in UK from Italy?

The costs are really different...

Many thanks

Giorgio

A

Anonymous

I think it's solely to do with the extremely high costs of delivery involved with such purchases. I can't remember off the top of my head what postage would be for floorstanders for example but it's going to be well in excess of 60.00. However on the flip side of things that's probably about 30 euros at present exchange rates lol

A

Anonymous

More often it's agreement between the agents in various countries and the manufacturer - even Amazon don't supply goods cheaper in one country to another. It's a kind of protectionism, but in fairness there are the expenses of warranty repairs, demo models etc that the local agents have to bear.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I give you an example:

marantz pm6002

in italy costs 450 euros (more or less, 390 is the lower limit but you have to add delivery costs and other disease)

in UK 210 pounds (230 euros?)

for this price I can buy two of them

Giorgio

ps: many thanks for the answers

nads

also consider the warranty. the Warrenty is between you and the seller. So anything goes wrong etc you could be obliged to return it the place of purchase.

Also consider the Distributor in, say, Italy why should they take any resposiblity for something that they have not seen any money from? they did not sell it to a shop to sell to a customer.

I have heard of one guy buying an Item from a web shop in Northern Ireland and when it arrived at his home in Austrailia he found it was faulty. I took it to his Local shop who sent it to the distributors. It was return with a note saying it is not an Austrailian supplied item we can not touch it. So the guy had to send this item back to the UK for fixing... Oh and this was nothing to do with HiFi

there is also some rule i have heard about VAT it should be charged at the rate of the reciving partys county.

But it is more likely to be with the distribution rights.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
bellinger:
Hi,

I give you an example:

marantz pm6002

in italy costs 450 euros (more or less, 390 is the lower limit but you have to add delivery costs and other disease)

in UK 210 pounds (230 euros?)

for this price I can buy two of them

Giorgio

ps: many thanks for the answers

PM6002 is UK 320 pounds in my nearest dealer right now.

Good luck.

T

the record spot

Indeed - £210 is the retail price, however, by the time it's been shipped and you've then paid your customs charge for the import duty, then it's no longer £210 at all and your saving might well be eliminated or at least significantly reduced.

nads

the record spot:Indeed - £210 is the retail price, however, by the time it's been shipped and you've then paid your customs charge for the import duty, then it's no longer £210 at all and your saving might well be eliminated or at least significantly reduced. No customs charges or any charges if bought and sold in the EU.

A

Anonymous

RS,

Within the European Union there's no import duty, that only applies to countries outside the EU. Providing VAT has been paid within the (EU) country of origin, no other charges apply.

A

Anonymous

That's true, there are substantial savings if you live anywhere besides the UK that is, well almost anywhere besides the UK (within europe).

A

Anonymous

Are those jokes?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/search.doSearch.cfm?search=pm6002&search_button.x=0&search_button.y=0

http://www.hifix.co.uk/sku2.lasso?item=081eb619bd59e963c5c389bb667190b2&rlog=nxtprv

I'm not sure if for HiTech goods UK is considered "not in the UE".

Normally extra taxes aren't applyied (UK is part of EU)

DELETED BY MODS

A

Anonymous

DELETED BY MODS - any more trading activity will result in a ban. yeah the Marantz is available cheaply if you can get one before the new price increase kicks in.

A

Anonymous

UK pricing is going to be more attractive at the moment due to the weak pound. HiFi in Italy is expensive for some reason.

Generally Hifi should be bought in country of origin due to the agreement between manufacture and Distributors, some manufactures are stricter than others and how they enforce it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts