INTERMITTENT SOUND AND PICTURE LOSS SAMSUNG PS50C7000

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i have this problem on my tv where i lose picture and sound for a couple of seconds but as it happens about 5 to 6 times an evening its starting to get annoying can anyone shed a light or had the same problem and i do have the latest software installed on the tv it has only happens while watching sky and at the moment not on blueray i have a sky itb box connected by hdmi and set to 1080i any help would be appreciated :?

A

Anonymous

I had one of these, the "blinking" your talking about seems to be a common fault, I had my TV returned and refunded because of it. I dont know if samsung ever fixed it. If you google "samsung 3d plasma blinking" you will see a long thread about it

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
3937edwards said:
i have this problem on my tv where i lose picture and sound for a couple of seconds but as it happens about 5 to 6 times an evening its starting to get annoying can anyone shed a light or had the same problem and i do have the latest software installed on the tv it has only happens while watching sky and at the moment not on blueray i have a sky itb box connected by hdmi and set to 1080i any help would be appreciated :?

You don't seem to be having much luck do you 3937edwards!

Unfortunately i can't help you with this one as i have no knowledge of the issue but i thought i would offer my support as i know what you went through to get this tv, i'm just sorry to hear you may have a potential issue, have you contacted your retailer or Samsung for some advice on what may be happening?

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi oldboy nice to hear from you regarding the retailer comet are a waste of space i would contact samsung but wont they just tell me to go back to the retailer. ive been reading the problems you have been having with your tv doesent seem anyone is imune from fault tvs etc :wall: :wall:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Yeah Comet would not be worth contacting i think but you never know they might surprise you. As for Samsung they won't tell you to go back to the retailer unless they think the tv needs repairing or replacing, they will go through the issue with you and suggest things to try or they may even be aware of an issue and be able to advise you so it's definately worth phoning them.

It's worth contacting both parties about your issue but i would start with Samsung as they are much more likely to give you sound technical advice regarding the problem, if you aren't satisfied with that then it's back to Comet. Is the tv still under warranty?

Yep i've had more tv issues myself but it's all sorted now, i've got a decent example of a GT30 and my 3D glasses arrived yesterday and at the weekend i'm buying a new amp so that i'm completely tooled up for 3D...happy days :grin:

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
3937edwards said:

First thing I would try is to swap your Sky box to another HDMI input and see if the problem still happens. EG put the Sky box into HDMI 2 and the Blu-Ray into HDMI 1. If the problem stil happens with the Sky box in HDMI 2 then this could point to a issue with the sky box, if this does happen I would also try a differant HDMI cable as that could also be the route of the problem. If the Blu-Ray player starts to play up in HDMI 1 then that would point to a issue with the TV if the Sky box works perfectly on HDMI 2.

I had a issue with my Samsung PS50P96FD where for some reason if I had my PS3 set to 1080p and plugged into HDMI 3 the picture would "blink" occasionally but if I pluged it into a differant HDMI socket it was fine but what was odd is that if I then plugged anything else into HDMI 3 @1080p it was fine. I had a Samsung engineer test the TV but naturally he blamed the PS3 eventho it was fine on the other inputs, so I just left it in HDMI 2 and my DVD player in HDMI 3. Since then I have ditched the PS3 and have a propper Blu-Ray player plugged into HDMI 3 with no issues so maybe it was some sort of HDMI hand shake issue with the PS3 that only effected HDMI 3 for some reason??? and maybe this is a simular case with your TV/Sky box?

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi thanks for all your replys i have swapped the hdmi leads around but last night the tv shut itself of into standby mode and then switch on again so i think there is a problem with the tv so i will contact samsung direct >)

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I feel like I'm in an episode of 'The Twilight Zone'!! Since I got it, perhaps once a month at most, my PS50C7000 would very occasionally 'blink'. However, that was until the last few weeks, when it has started getting progressively worse and now is often doing it 3 or 4 times in an evening (it's got so noticeable that even my kids have started seeing it). I have a V+ box, so it rules out any sky connection. Then even more strangely, on Monday night whilst I was watching it, it just switched itself into standby and back on again, something it has never ever done before - it may well have been trying to do a software update as I know it does automatically check with Samsung's servers (we have a wireless dongle) , but it has never ever switched itself off and on again autonomously.

I did have a look on the internet and found a very long and interesting discussion on the 'AV******' site - (* being the places where the romans used to meet to debate), and this is apparently a known fault - even now a year since the TVs release there is no actual fix for the fault. My 7000 was a direct replacement from Samsung for a B850 with a 50hz motion edge tracking problem, and I have to say Samsung's customer service was exceptionally good indeed. However, as my 7000 is already an exchange for a previous model and is now over 12 months old, I probably won't get any further with mine, and I'm not sure I really want the expense of replacing 4 sets of infra red 3D glasses with their newer bluetooth ones if they did offer to exchange the set for a PS51D8000 which they seem to be doing for other owners of the C7000 with the blinking fault.

However, I'd be very interested to hear what Samsung have to say to you about this fault and what they offer you as a solution.

Regards

Rob

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
:wall: hi robjcooper been in touch with samsung this morning and explained the problem with tv and mentiontioned your comment on this model of tv they informed me that i should not take notice of what is posted on the internet and would not sell a tv if it was known to have a common fault which could not be rectified and they were not aware of c7000 customers being offered a replacement because of the mentioned problem whether this is true i dont know. Basically all they done while i was on the phone was a full reset on the tv which they reckon will solve the problem and have given me a reference number and recorded my details on file if i need to get in contact with them. Maybe the what hi fi team can contact them as well to clarify the situation on this model i.e if there is a problem which they dont want to own up about as i know these problems can go on for weeks or months and as i only have 3 months warranty left on the tv i would like it sorted sooner rather then later many thanks for you reply :wall:

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi robjcooper just an update reset did not work so rang samsung back to tell them told them comet are a waste of space so they have actually arranged for an engineer to come out to look at the tv . i told samsung that what if the engineer cant see the fault and was assured that he will not need to as he will test all components and if there is a problem then it will be fixed and if it cant then it will be replaced free of charge as it is still in warranty i must say i am impressed with there help and there willingness to get this sorted totally the opposite to the unwillingness of comet i know your tv is out of warranty but i will let you know the outcome as im sure you would be interested to know regards :dance:

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi another update i think you are right robjcooper it must be a known fault just had a call from service engineer they have ordered the part even without looking at the tv and going to do an onsite repair when it comes in so as i said it must be a known fault for them to be able to order the part without looking at the tv will let you know the outcome and as you are experiencing the same problem will let you know what part is causing the problem regards :cheer:

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi robjcooper thought i would give you an update on my ps50c7000 seeing you are experiencing the same problem they came out and fitted a new main power board but dident rectify the issue, since then i have had more issues with tv a crackling noise an intermittent green line down the right hand side and a general deteriotion of the picture. they have now took my tv away to fit a new panel as they say it is on its way out hence all the issues which they say would of cost me £700 plus the main circuit board which was £143 hopefully apart from the blinking issue you have you do not have any other of the above issues i have i know you said your warranty has run out and i dont want to be the person to give you the bad news but you did say you wanted to know. also i cant fault samsung customer services who have been impeccable in sorting this issue out and getting the tv repaired well done to them :clap:

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that samsung will ever admit that such a fault as "blink" exists. Just read few thread on another forum and you'll see for yourself what samsung tells people on a phone about blinking problem.

As far as i know the problem is with C series and 7000 , and probably more are affected .

I am one of the those that have never seen it . But it appears that it is seen mostly when sky or virgin sat is connected to tv. I am using freesat and i have been lucky ... so far.

Best of luck 3937edwards with samsung service! I think you'll end up with new tv soon
smiley-wink.gif

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi robolowski samsung did say that fitting a new panel will rectify the problem as they say it is the panel but have assured me that if it comes back with the same issue they will replace the tv regards :)

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi to everyone on the forums i would like some help in regard to my ongoing problem with my tv after one atempt by samsung to repair my tv which dident work they decided that it needed a new PDP panel and took it into there service centre stating it would be back to me in 10 days time. now after 14 days and ringing them for the last 3 days and being told they are waiting on the panel not knowing when they were going to get it from samsung i decided to ring samsung, the answer i got from them is we have no idea when the will get it i then asked for a refund or replacement with which they said they will only do this once the tv has been in for 28 days. i then had a phonecall from the service centre telling me the panel had miracusly turned up but broken and they have had to reorder i think all this is totally unaceptable and would like any advice on what else i could do many thanks in advance |(

A

Anonymous

3937edwards said:
hi to everyone on the forums i would like some help in regard to my ongoing problem with my tv after one atempt by samsung to repair my tv which dident work they decided that it needed a new PDP panel and took it into there service centre stating it would be back to me in 10 days time. now after 14 days and ringing them for the last 3 days and being told they are waiting on the panel not knowing when they were going to get it from samsung i decided to ring samsung, the answer i got from them is we have no idea when the will get it i then asked for a refund or replacement with which they said they will only do this once the tv has been in for 28 days. i then had a phonecall from the service centre telling me the panel had miracusly turned up but broken and they have had to reorder i think all this is totally unaceptable and would like any advice on what else i could do many thanks in advance |(

I had one of these so I know the problem your talking about - lucky for me amazon took mine back even though it was a few months old

However in your position here is what i know - chances are they wont be able to fix it, I dont think anyone has had theirs fixed - Samsung have 3 chances to fix it I beleive - so visit 1 would be the engineer to check the fault , visit 2 would be a new panel - visit 3 would be a new mainboard - it goes something like that

Once you have had 3 seperate visits which I doubt will fix the issue Samsung should offer you something - ie money back or exchange for another model - so when you speak to Samsung next mention the 3 fix attempt rule and see what they say

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi mrb1972 thanks for reply i have had a new mainboard and now waiting for them to fit a new panel all samsung said is before they replace or refund it has to be away from my home for 28 days no mention about the what you have said so theres nothing i can do they have my tv so looks like i am going to have to wait unless any of the what hi fi team can help :wall:

A

Anonymous

3937edwards said:
hi mrb1972 thanks for reply i have had a new mainboard and now waiting for them to fit a new panel all samsung said is before they replace or refund it has to be away from my home for 28 days no mention about the what you have said so theres nothing i can do they have my tv so looks like i am going to have to wait unless any of the what hi fi team can help :wall:

Thats a shame, I guess the new panel will count has fix number 3, once you get it back and if you still have the same issue you can then ask for a refund or replacment (I wouldnt accept another C7000 though)

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi mrb1972 spoke to samsung today they have said if i have not got my tv back by the 17th next thursday they will replace or refund i will take the refund as i would not want another c7000 also if it does come back with the same problem they will also refund me i will most proberly go for a panasonic next if i get the oppotunity just have to wait and see |(

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Don't beleive your luck mate...you must be gutted and very annoyed!

On the plus side at least you have some sort of resolution if the tv either fails to come back by the 17th or if it comes back with the same fault so all is not lost although it will of course be an a pain being without the tv untill you can get a replacement, panasonic is a good place to start...i'm still very happy with my GT30.

As ever i will keep an eye on this thread in the hope that you get a resolution soon, in the meantime you have my sympathies as i can relate to your pain and frustration oh too well but it sounds like samsung have been quick to act in offering you a refund or new tv which is more than can be said for alot of other manufacurers, panasonic included!

Nick.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi there oldboy nice to hear from you yes i am fed up with it all i was told by the repair centre it would only take 10 days then informed by sansung there timescale was 28 days with all the issues of them getting a new panel and then having to reorder another one because it came in damaged well. to be be honest i cant see them getting a new panel in installing it and getting it back to me by thursday,and to be honest with you im hoping thats what happens because i dont really want it back now if i do get a refund i hope i get back what i paid for the tv as i want to go for the panasonic you have the 42 inch gt 30 i presume they do a 50" and i know there not cheap but as i said if i get a full refund then that wont be an issue maybe you have some idea where i could go local to where i live in kent.is the picture quality good on the gt model any issues i should be aware of. anyway i will post outcome as soon as i know the outcome regard |(

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I can't say i blame you for not wanting the tv back now...fingers crossed then that it's a no show by the 17th :pray:

As for where to go in Kent mate, if it was me i would go to Richer Sounds as they have been nothing short of stellar with my tv. I had two faulty sets initially unfortunately but they swapped them over with no worries on both occasions and were as helpful as it's possible for a retailer to be tbh, for the first 30 days of purchase they offer a no quible replacement or refund policy which was such a godsend when it came to my issues! I doubt another retailer would have been so understanding or helpful.

Their customer service is great and i also took out an extra 5 year warranty for 10% of the purchase price, about £95 which was great for the peice of mind it gives me. There is a store in Maidstone i know that for sure but how near that is to you i have no idea but there are stores in Reigate and Tunbridge Wells if they are nearer?

The GT30 Comes in 42, 46 and 50 ich varients and at any size it's a great tv and i'm sure you would be very happy with it, as for PQ it didn't win the awards this year for no reason so you can rest easy with that and i have been so impressed with mine so far and indeed anyone i know who has seen my tv is of the same opinion.

Depending on what forums you look at you can find some issues with the GT30 tvs and they range from ghosting to the infamous 50hz issue and fuctuating black and contrast levels, some sets have also been reported with a loud buzzing coming from the tv and indeed my second set had this issue so i can confirm this. I had an issue with my first set with a strange grey shadowy line down the left hand side of the screen but i have yet to see many examples of this.

All i can say is that i have only had the two issues i have stated above and have not had any other issues apart from some fluctuating black levels during the run in period but it's settled down now after about 250-300 hours run in. As long as you purchase the tv from a good retailer then you shouldn't have any issues and at least if you do that then you know you won't be messed around eh.

I'm still very happy indeed with my tv and feel like i've finally got the quality of tv i wanted years ago when i first bought a flatscreen tv....it's taken a while (4-5 years i guess) and alot of tvs but i'm finally happy with my tv and can't see me changing it anytime soon and prasie doesn't come any higher than that!

Hope that helps,

Oldboy.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi oldboy thanks for reply maidstone is nearest to me but i think i will just pop into my local currys or comet just to veiw the tv myself, i have read the issues you have had with your first 2 tvs and issues other people have had it just seems you are never guarenteed a perfect tv these days and if i do get my money back will be more cautious although as you sayif i go to somewhere like richer sounds it shouldent be an issue in getting it replaced and if i get a full refund i would be able to go for the vt30 50" which is even better i have read then the gt model but they both have got great reviews from what hi fi 5 stars i belive as i said just have to wait and see how it pans out.have always been a loyal samsung customer but with all the trouble i have had its time for a change hence hoping i dont get my tv back anyway as i said i will post on hear what the outcome is regards |(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts