Intermitant fault & analogue interconnects

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Roksan Kandy Mk3 Amplifier & CD with Monitor Audio S6 speakers and QED Silver Aniversary Speaker Cable.

Sometimes when I turn on the amp and play a cd only 1 channel is working ??? then all of sudden it comes on.....it is an intermitant fault,whats causing this and is it going to be very expensive to fix?

And sometimes when i have the amp on and my fridge cuts in there is a slight crack that comes through the speakers ??

Currently I connect the two seperates with a Wireworld 'oasis' interconnect from a previous set up,however I'm not sure that I am getting the best from my set up.....how much should I spend on a new interconnect.

My thoughts were with a chord company 'chorus' as you rated them very good,but I am open to suggestions

Tonestar1

Try swapping out the interconnect to see if it's faulty. If you dont have a spare then reverse them at both amp and source to see if the faulty channel moves. If it does, it's the cable. If you want a new interconnect I wouldn't spend anymore than 10% of source price but thats just my opinion.

Fridge kicking in then speaker pop is defo a power issue. You could try a Tacima mains filter to see if this resolves. If not then you re looking at a power conditioner/UPS or a dedicated mains spur, both pretty expensive.

Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts