Interesting results from a recent demo.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I currently have a Rotel RA-05, Marantz CD6002 and B & W 685's. I went to have a demo and told a couple of porkies, mainly to get a listen of my current set up in the demo room. Sounded good with a couple of tracks, notably The blowers daughter by Damian Rice, getting a little too much bass. Glad it just isnt my room. Swapped the amp then for a Roksan K2. Loads more detail and a better sound but less bass and seemed less interesting that the rotel. I guess it is just what my ears are used to as i heard a bass line in a song that i hadn't heard before. In all this was as you might expect a big step up. We then hooked up the K2 cd player. Now that was a little disappointing. Not much difference between that and the marantz. Is the K2 amp getting too good for my speakers as i dont want to upgrade all at once and why don't the shop staff leave you to get on with a demo. He was 22 and you could tell me taste in demo music, Billy Bragg, Rice, Beatles, Clash bored him rigid.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Standing there picking his fingers looking at the ceiling and looking as bored as anything didnt make me feel like having an extended session especially as i played the same 5 tracks with each different piece of kit. Cut it short in the end as i felt a little sorry for him.

A

Anonymous

hello shep, do you go to a pub called the crosswells? I know an albion fan called shep about your age if that is your year of birth 1968 who plays football for them on occassion. sorry its off topic and a random question, you never know small world and all that.

A

Anonymous

no worries, just thought it may have been a world that all.lol.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Maybe the store assistant knew you had told a "couple of porkies" !
emotion-5.gif

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Dont think so. Told him that my amp had died and that i had said speakers and cd player and was looking at the options for a new amp. No reason not to believe me. Same chain but not in the same class as the other store where i actually bought my original kit from.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts