Interconnects and Speaker cables

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have just bought Cyrus CD 6 SE, Cyrus 8 vs 2 and Spendor A5. How much should I be looking to spend on cables...any suggestions greatfully accepted.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
£100 or so on the interconnect I would say, and about £6-£15 per metre on speaker cable depending on how many metres you need ie only a few go for more expensive.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Interconnect choice is obvious if you want to keep that Cyrus 'synergy' you have just spent lots of money achieving.....

http://www.cyrusaudio.com/product.asp?ProductID=9&text=indetail

WHF 5 star review of Cyrus interconnect. (PDF)

Although they have gone up to £145 for 1 metre since that review.

I use the Naim DIN cable provided free with my CD player (normally £75) and it works wonders. I would hope Cyrus achieve the same result with their own product. Hopefully when they develop their products they use their own interconnects.

A

Anonymous

Without wishing to sound overly contradictory, the last thing you should buy for your Cyrus set up is their IC's or speaker cable!

They are tremendously lean and will strangle the life from music before it reaches your spendors. Go ask on Cyrusunofficial.co.uk - a large proportion started off life with Cyrus IC's and speaker cables - none of them still use them. Easily bettered at the same price. Depends on your ears mate which you go for - most on CU will rapidly recommend Missing Link Alqueia which is a bargain tbh - check out their website and shop on Ebay - they also do kits and will loan you cables to try out no obligation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts