Interconnect trouble

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm new to the forums, so hi to everyone!

Anyway, I have a problem with my Cambridge Audio interconnects, they are fitted to my Sony tuner but I can't get them off!! It looks like they are well and truly stuck.

I've tried pulling them out but they are so tight that when I pulled them, the female rca connectors on the back of my tuner came off with them. I couldn't remove them from the cables so I've had to put them back in as I don't want to further risk damaging the tuner.

Can anyone please advise me on what I can do to take off these damn interconnects without causing any unnescessary damage?

A

Anonymous

WD40 is suprisingly effective at not only lubricating but also cleaning electrical connections without damaging them in my experience. I'd spray some only a plate and then use a toothpick or something similar to apply it to the exposed bit of the plugs. Leave it an hour, add a little more and then slowly manipulate. You should get them off. You can be much more liberal, but you'll have to clean it up afterwards (tissues) and try and avoid getting any inside the machine, but it shouldn't damage the circuitry if you do as long as it's only a little. More likely to have dust adhere to it, than cause a malfunction.

A

Anonymous

Hadn't thought of that, I guess WD40 will probably be the best option then. Thank you for your suggestion.[quote user="Will Harris"]

WD40 is suprisingly effective at not only lubricating but also cleaning electrical connections without damaging them in my experience. I'd spray some only a plate and then use a toothpick or something similar to apply it to the exposed bit of the plugs. Leave it an hour, add a little more and then slowly manipulate. You should get them off. You can be much more liberal, but you'll have to clean it up afterwards (tissues) and try and avoid getting any inside the machine, but it shouldn't damage the circuitry if you do as long as it's only a little. More likely to have dust adhere to it, than cause a malfunction.
[/quote]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts